• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 4 E-File Question

Texas Knight

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2022
Texas
Hey Y'all,

There hae been alot of questions on e-forms lately but i have one myself. I have already filed an eform form 4 on a pistol can through Silencershop and their kiosk. Now one of my class 3 dealers has ordered me a Thunderbeast Ultra 9, so my question is what information will I have to provide if I already have an ATF account with previous eform applications. This particular dealer is not a Silencershop dealer so no kiosk.

Do I need new fingerprints and picture or is all of this already saved in my ATF account?

Thanks in advance,

-TK

Hey Y'all,

There hae been alot of questions on e-forms lately but i have one myself. I have already filed an eform form 4 on a pistol can through Silencershop and their kiosk. Now one of my class 3 dealers has ordered me a Thunderbeast Ultra 9, so my question is what information will I have to provide if I already have an ATF account with previous eform applications. This particular dealer is not a Silencershop dealer so no kiosk.

Do I need new fingerprints and picture or is all of this already saved in my ATF account?

Thanks in advance,

-TK
you will have to do fingerprints with each form and a picture. the eforms profile does not save this information to my knowledge. you will need to convert your account to the new system if you didnt already. this will require a password change and creating a unique pin. Did you get the email from the ATF when all this was going on about how to do that?

you will have to do fingerprints with each form and a picture. the eforms profile does not save this information to my knowledge. you will need to convert your account to the new system if you didnt already. this will require a password change and creating a unique pin. Did you get the email from the ATF when all this was going on about how to do that?
I've already filed a can through e-file back in January, so I have an eform account and have cerified the forms. My situation now is that I want to do a new form form for a different can, but this dealer isnt set up through silencershop, so just trying to figure if and how i submit fingerprints to eforms. Was hoping the ATF would keep this info on file under my Eforms account.

I've already filed a can through e-file back in January, so I have an eform account and have cerified the forms. My situation now is that I want to do a new form form for a different can, but this dealer isnt set up through silencershop, so just trying to figure if and how i submit fingerprints to eforms. Was hoping the ATF would keep this info on file under my Eforms account.
If they do there is no indication of it in the profile. My guess you have to do it for each purchase

I don't think your ATF account saves prints from someone else's submission. Remember, you aren't the person filing a Form 4 unless you are selling. In the typical case of a suppressor, it's the guy holding the can who is filing a Form 4.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Reading your initial post, I can't tell if your new dealer has an e-file account or not. He has to have an e-file account to file your Form 4 electronically. You will have to do a new set of fingerprint cards and a new photo.

You can order your completed fingerprint cards from silencer shop for $15 since you already used their kiosk. Some think it's expensive, I personally think it's convenient.

Hey Y'all,

Thanks in advance,

-TK
Hi Texas Knight, Appreciate you working with us on the suppressor for your pistol. Every eForm 4 application requires fingerprints to be submitted with that specific application. Note, a Powered By Silencer Shop dealer can also submit your eForm 4, even if it's an item they don't have in their inventory. In your case, that means the dealer that submitted your eForm 4 for the pistol can also do so if the TB 9. Details about that are in this video:

Hi Texas Knight, Appreciate you working with us on the suppressor for your pistol. Every eForm 4 application requires fingerprints to be submitted with that specific application. Note, a Powered By Silencer Shop dealer can also submit your eForm 4, even if it's an item they don't have in their inventory. In your case, that means the dealer that submitted your eForm 4 for the pistol can also do so if the TB 9. Details about that are in this video:

Have you guys had any eform 4’s approved yet?

Reactions: 65x55guy
You’ll have to do prints and pictures again.

What is this dealer offering that the local SS dealer isnt?
In stock inventory, he had multiple TBAC Ultras on hand, where my local SS dealer had zero. We could have transferred it to the SS Kiosk dealer but they wanted $150 just to do a transfer. Ended up ordering prints from silencer shop and doing the e-form with my dealer. The process was pretty smooth, just have to mail in prints with the provided cover letter from the ATF.

Thanks SS for making the process easy, I wish I could've bought my TBAC can from y'all but you were all sold out. The dealer with the TBAC cans is different that the dealer with the SS Kiosk. I didn't want to pay the SS Kiosk dealer $150 just to do a transfer.

Thanks SS for making the process easy, I wish I could've bought my TBAC can from y'all but you were all sold out. The dealer with the TBAC cans is different that the dealer with the SS Kiosk. I didn't want to pay the SS Kiosk dealer $150 just to do a transfer.
150 is outrageous