• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form-4 efile??

deaddogs

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2012
Lacrosse Wisconsin
Has anyone heard of this recently ? Thought I read somewhere that Atf was hoping by fall of 2019 that they would have this up and running.

efile form 4?!

A simplistic, effective, faster, organized way to enter our information?!

You have a better chance of banging 2 chicks at the same time.

I actually banged two chicks at once about 20yrs ago. They certainly weren't the hottest girls ever but can I still efile some form 4s now?

Two 4s equals 8.

I guess I don't see the draw for an efile. So it makes filing a little faster and you don't wait on the mail to get the check to the ATF. So you're saving a week? They've still gotta approve you 11 months down the road. My paper file was pretty painless. I can imagine the counter monkeys trying to take my pictures, prints, signatures, and payment info and trying to upload them. I wouldn't trust many of the ones I've dealt with to do it right.

Reactions: Mooncake

"September 2019: Reports coming back stating that individual and gun trust applicants are being approved with the ATF Form 4 application in or around 45 days. Silencer Shop, stated in emails to customers that the ATF is using a new [ATF Form 4] processing format that is allowing for sub-120 day approval times. "

What is this "new processing format"? Does that translate into just randomly taking an app out of a recent pile to make the average wait times appear to be reduced?

I actually banged two chicks at once about 20yrs ago. They certainly weren't the hottest girls ever but can I still efile some form 4s now?

I don't see why not, just call up the ATF and let them know about the situation, maybe talk up the two chicks a bit more. I believe they can hook you up.

"September 2019: Reports coming back stating that individual and gun trust applicants are being approved with the ATF Form 4 application in or around 45 days. Silencer Shop, stated in emails to customers that the ATF is using a new [ATF Form 4] processing format that is allowing for sub-120 day approval times. "

What is this "new processing format"? Does that translate into just randomly taking an app out of a recent pile to make the average wait times appear to be reduced?

Yeah, I'm really digging this "pull a bunch of forms from the front of the stack so our numbers look good while letting all the poor bastards on the ass-end of the stack wait even longer" processing format....

• Haha
Reactions: Mooncake
I hope e file comes back soon. I'm sure the government will fix it really good. ..

Seems legit.

I actually do think they'll roll out form 4 e-file fairly soon, they got money ear marked for it with the budget in Feb, probably could have had a contract awarded in early summer, getting close to time for the contractor to delivery something.

I'm definitely buying something the first day, and I don't even really have anything on the want list right now. I have been thinking about another .22 can, don't think I'd regret jumping on a Switchback, Oculus 22 or Mask for my first e-file F4.

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold my breath for eform 4s to come anytime soon. Yes, they did get some budget but ATF needs to completely rebuild the eforms system to handle the load. Also consider ATF will have to bid the job and select a contractor to do the work. I would be absolutely floored if ATF rolls out an updated eforms in the next 2 years.

The real question is should I file as an individual or a trust... I have a trust, but 3-4 months versus 12+ is sure a lot more tempting. I guess the only real benefit of a trust is for my family when I die. I can always file the paperwork to move them to a trust (and pay the stamp again)...

I haven't used my trust for the last three, my kids are young, my wife doesn't care about guns or gun mufflers, and my friends can buy their own. Individual transfers have been faster for a while, I figure if I want to have my kids use one, I can transfer it from myself to my trust (while keeping it in my possession), sometime in the next 15 years, an extra $200 somewhere down the road is not a big deal.

I wouldn't hold my breath for eform 4s to come anytime soon. Yes, they did get some budget but ATF needs to completely rebuild the eforms system to handle the load. Also consider ATF will have to bid the job and select a contractor to do the work. I would be absolutely floored if ATF rolls out an updated eforms in the next 2 years.

I doubt it will be two years, if you have some experience in how stuff works in the .gov, it's clear that things are on a different track than they were before. Before 19 there wasn't a $3M-$4M chunk of money explicitly set aside in the budget to make EForm 4s happen, therefore they didn't happen in any sustainable fashion. Now there are appropriations specifically to make it happen, and those always have timeframes attached. Progress and current processing timeframes (which EForms would improve) are being briefed up their chain, what gets measured, gets done; it's especially true in the .gov.

I'd be surprised if they got anything but 1 year money, and given the low dollar amount, and low complexity of the job, the contract shouldn't take very long at all to award. You've got to remember, it's not like they're buying an F-35, they're buying a software system to accept submissions and process forms, similar systems exist pretty much everywhere, including their own office. This isn't some great feat of creation, a competent contractor should be able to turn one out.

I'm guessing we'll see EForm 4s roll out sometime in Q1 or Q2 of CY20.

Last edited:
I haven't used my trust for the last three, my kids are young, my wife doesn't care about guns or gun mufflers, and my friends can buy their own. Individual transfers have been faster for a while, I figure if I want to have my kids use one, I can transfer it from myself to my trust (while keeping it in my possession), sometime in the next 15 years, an extra $200 somewhere down the road is not a big deal.

I doubt it will be two years, if you have some experience in how stuff works in the .gov, it's clear that things are on a different track than they were before. Before 19 there wasn't a $3M-$4M chunk of money explicitly set aside in the budget to make EForm 4s happen, therefore they didn't happen in any sustainable fashion. Now there are appropriations specifically to make it happen, and those always have timeframes attached. Progress and current processing timeframes (which EForms would improve) are being briefed up their chain, what gets measured, gets done; it's especially true in the .gov.

I'd be surprised if they got anything but 1 year money, and given the low dollar amount, and low complexity of the job, the contract shouldn't take very long at all to award. You've got to remember, it's not like they're buying an F-35, they're buying a software system to accept submissions and process forms, similar systems exist pretty much everywhere, including their own office. This isn't some great feat of creation, a competent contractor should be able to turn one out.

I'm guessing we'll see EForm 4s roll out sometime in Q1 or Q2 of CY20.

Remember, you're talking about an agency that has to shutdown its form processing services one day a week for "maintenance".

Remember, you're talking about an agency that has to shutdown its form processing services one day a week for "maintenance".

Doesn't matter, you have to look at an organizations resourcing and incentive structure to predict what it will do, that's my point. Before they could hide behind the fact that they were under-resourced for the job they were assigned, and higher ups didn't seem to concerned about fixing them. In this state it was very predictable that they wouldn't improve meaningfully, there wasn't much organizational incentive to.

Reading the lines and between the lines, that's not the case anymore, someone higher up set aside $1M in the 2018 President's budget for a process re-engineering effort. The 2019 budget request makes it clear that DOJ has set a 90 day processing goal for them and is getting status reports (in my opinion, probably the internal driver behind June-Aug forms getting approved quick while Jan-May forms wait). Their '19 budget request plus up is what they told the higher ups they would need to work up to meeting that goal.

Well they got what the said they would need to get well and meet the goals of their bosses, if the right people are still watching, and they don't start showing results before too long, heads will start rolling in the higher positions, even in the government. Unlike before, the resourcing and incentives appear to be in place for them to actually start improving now.

Reactions: phlegethon
go back a few weeks for look for the memo they put out

You got me, I couldn't find any publications in their website within the last few weeks on this topic. Any tips on where to look?

watching this thread.

I want to believe wait times will be reduced, but I am not postponing any purchases hoping for it to happen.

If I had anything on the want-now list I'd probably go ahead and file now, hopefully paper forms are speeding up as well.

We have seen plenty of individual Form 4s come back fast lately, but Trust/LLC forms are still 10-12 months.

Which makes no sense... I have a form 4 trust check cashed 12/8/18 still pending...

But I've done 6 efile Form 1 trusts to build 2 SBR's and 4 Suppressors all over the last 4 months. Those approvals came in 12-30days.... somehow with efile they can do the exact same trust approval, background check, fingerprint receipt, etc and email me my approved form 1 in a few weeks but change that 1 to a 4 and shit is in the wind for the better part of a year....

Something needs to change over there that's for sure.

Because....

Form 1 Approvers be like...

A1C7ABF8-178B-45D5-8E43-66D311753054.gif

While Form 4’s go through...

0003E543-116C-4136-96A7-E99FEEA6CC48.gif

Any updates on this..? An Indiana dealer told a friend of mine to just hold on a bit till Atf gets this form 4 Efile situation figured out before he files.. this just happened yesterday. Anybody heard of this?

Any updates on this..? An Indiana dealer told a friend of mine to just hold on a bit till Atf gets this form 4 Efile situation figured out before he files.. this just happened yesterday. Anybody heard of this?
Supposed to be soon tbd

Got a response from ATFE when I asked about the eForm 4 the other day--- "No projected time for the EForm4 currently."