• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 4 Question

sawgunner2001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Firstly, I'm not 'new' to the NFA game with 1x F1 and 2x F4's approved in the past. I've come across a first though, that I have a question about:

Ordered a suppressor from SilencerShop in May, 2021. F3 goes through and suppressor gets to my dealer no problems. Per SilencerShop website, the $200 check was cashed on 06/23/2021. I called the AFT yesterday, just to ensure it's "in the system." The response I got after providing the SN, my dealers name, and my trust name was that they have not received my application and to check back within 90 days. Is it 'normal' for them to have cashed the check, but not 'received' the application in a timeline such as this?

TIA

I would reach out to silencershop, just to make sure there isn't a typo on the form, like SN causing the problem. They should be able to verify it has been recieved.

Firstly, I'm not 'new' to the NFA game with 1x F1 and 2x F4's approved in the past. I've come across a first though, that I have a question about:

Ordered a suppressor from SilencerShop in May, 2021. F3 goes through and suppressor gets to my dealer no problems. Per SilencerShop website, the $200 check was cashed on 06/23/2021. I called the AFT yesterday, just to ensure it's "in the system." The response I got after providing the SN, my dealers name, and my trust name was that they have not received my application and to check back within 90 days. Is it 'normal' for them to have cashed the check, but not 'received' the application in a timeline such as this?

TIA
Yes, this is normal. The check is cashed by a bank in Oregon. Then the form 4 packet is sent to Martinsburg, WV. Once there, it will sit until added to an examiner's pile. There has been an incredible surge in forms being submitted now, ATF is behind getting them entered into the system. You are at about 60 days, call NFA Division end of September.