• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Forster 3 in 1 cutter w/300 Win Mag ???

woodspider

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 3, 2005
(Anyone who has trimmed with the original trimmer and the 3 in 1 cutter with 300 Win Mag brass please keep reading I need some help from you)

I just bought the Forster 3 in 1 cutter and original trimmer , to trim my 300 Win Mag brass. I set it up on the Original case trimmer shaft and the brass didnt fit at all, due to my error in not adjusting the bearings out to the 2nd screw for more width/distance between them.
I then moved the screws back out farthest and set it up again and am still having the following problem not fitting the brass in between the pilot and collet?
The 3 in 1 cutter pilot is being ridden completely over by the top of the case neck and then crammed into the cutters causing a crimp? The collet (#1) doesnt lock the brass in place at all until the brass is too far and fully extended over the pilot/into the cutter. I cant stretch it out any farther to get the collet to function properly? Another fkin 1/4 inch and itd be fine? Anyone have any experience with the 3in1 trimming brass on the original fstr trimmer? I need some help?

Re: Forster 3 in 1 cutter w/300 Win Mag ???

Yep.

Simple fix.....drill another hole.

Re: Forster 3 in 1 cutter w/300 Win Mag ???

I hadn't thought of that lol Thanks that might do it? I called Forster they told me it should work as is on 2nd screw setting? But there is no way that's true unless I set it up wrong. I wished they'd try at the factory and see if it's an issue? If so they ought not advertise it works for 300 wm with the original trimmer, it's a bit frustrating to buy something and not have it do what it says? Forster is a great company but you think they'd try it out to see if it actually works? Or did I set it up wrong?