• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Forster and Loading for Pistol

viav13

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Montcalm Co. MI
I've decided to buy a Forster Co-Ax. I just dont know if there is anything special I need to reload for pistol cartridges.

Does anyone use there Forster for reloading Pistol? If so, how does is it working for you? Anything I should consider, like maybe a Redding extended shell holder?

I know the biggest disadvantage Im going to encounter is the amount of distance the case will have to travel before meeting the die. Or, is this not a problem at all?

Ill be reloading primarily 44Mag and 40s&w.

Re: Forster and Loading for Pistol

I don't have any experience loading pistol on a Co-Ax, but I can't imagine the travel of the ram will cause you a problem. It probably won't be as fast, but you'll have plenty of room to work with in my opinion.

Nope, you shouldn't need anything special with loading pistol cartridges with the Co-Ax, I would recommend either buying the short handle for your press or using a hack saw to cut a few inches off the stock handle. This will allow you to be a bit more efficient in your loading and allow you to get a more comfortable position near the press.

Or just flip the handle over by the middle. If you shorten it you give up quite a bit of leverage...some of those nickled .44 and .45 cases take a bit of a shove. Love mine.

I have the stock handle, but I usually grab it down close to the top of the yoke to "choke up" on it. Works great. You do not need special shell holders for it, the jaws will work fine.

Andy

I use my Co-Ax to load 45acp, Hint: buy Hornady Dies, there great quaility and the lock ring works great in the Co-Ax, saving to have to buy Forsters.

I load 10mm with mine works good nothing special needed,just my 02 cents get some carbide dies

Thanks for the Info guys.

I was looking into buying some Redding Titanium Carbide dies. Now that I've read this, the deal is sealed.

Thanks again for your help guys.