• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Forster Co-Ax press riddle....

bunsen27

ACME Labs
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Forster Web Store $408

Midway USA $254

Sinclair Int$249

Please pardon me if I've missed something painfully obvious, but why is there a ~$150 price difference between buying directly from Forster or purchasing from Midway / Sinclair? To the best of my limited abilities all three of these presses appear to be the same model. Am I missing something here? Shipping cost is ~$15 from all vendors. Thanks in advance.

Re: Forster Co-Ax press riddle....

I have noticed the exact same thing when I was pricing them out. I have no explanation, from what I can see they are the same.

But still makes me wonder.

Except for cars/trucks and fucked up companies like ........ Most manufactures have a suggested retail price which they list on there website, they know full well that consumers don't pay that price.

Well, most manufactor's don't want to be in retail at all and 'protect' their dealers by selling at MSRP, if they sell at all. It makes sense if you think about it, what dealer would sink money into stock if customers could get it at the same price from the maker. (But, the "you get what you pay for" guys probably prefer buying at full mark-up; the way they figger it, if it costs more it just has to be worth more! ??
wink.gif
)

I expected the prices on Forster's website to be a bit higher, but on the press I never expected a $150 difference. I can see the thinking behind protecting their dealers in a sense. I just wanted to make certain that they were the same models.

Dealers generally want to see the manufacturer selling them at MSRP while everyone else can sell at MAP... otherwise, why would you buy the thing from a dealer when the manufacturer can sell it to you cheaper?

I copy/pasted this directly from Forster's website:

<span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-weight: bold">Forster Products manufactures a broad line of precision gunsmithing and reloading products. <span style="text-decoration: underline">For
best prices, contact one of our Forster Products Dealers. Their experience is an integral part of
the shooting sports.</span> To find your closest Dealer, please go to our Web site. If your Dealer cannot
supply you, contact us at 815-493-6360 or forsterproducts.com.</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fuzzball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, most manufactor's don't want to be in retail at all and 'protect' their dealers by selling at MSRP, if they sell at all. It makes sense if you think about it, what dealer would sink money into stock if customers could get it at the same price from the maker. (But, the "you get what you pay for" guys probably prefer buying at full mark-up; the way they figger it, if it costs more it just has to be worth more! ??
wink.gif
) </div></div>

^^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^