• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Forster Coax

HuntND

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2018
North Dakota
Does anybody know what these holes are on the front of the press? I tried Forster today but they were closed. I wanted to shorten up the swing and thought I would put a bolt threw there and be able to screw up jaw opening screw and it works pretty good. Shortened arm swing up quite a bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: sinister
Wow -- great idea!

The middle hole is for the spent primer drop. The one you have the bolt through was originally for a jaw pre-stop so they didn't close and you could get cases in and out. Forster no longer uses it, but it's on my older Bonanza.

I have a throw limiter I got through flea-bay that goes on the back threaded "Spike." It does the same thing as the bolt you used in the first hole.

s-l400.jpg

This is another way to fabricate a throw-limiter:

20190218_195940-jpg.166396

One of them is for the drop tube that goes to the bottle that collects spent primers.

Not sure what the other one is for.

Wow -- great idea!

The middle hole is for the spent primer drop. The one you have the bolt through was originally for a jaw pre-stop so they didn't close and you could get cases in and out. Forster no longer uses it, but it's on my older Bonanza.

I have a throw limiter I got through flea-bay that goes on the back threaded "Spike." It does the same thing as the bolt you used in the first hole.
Thanks, I was thinking of doing it like you have it also. yeh I was looking for the eBay limiter but appears he quit making them. But this seems to work great too.

That’s brilliant! Out for the weekend so not near the press. Mind if I be lazy and ask for the parts you used there? So I can steal your design lol.

I also purchased one of those ball grips to lower the pull. Sure I can grab it from the middle, but it just doesn’t feel right.