• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Forster dasher sizing

SleepDoc

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
I have a dasher build on order and I am gathering reloading components now. I plan to use forster full length sizing die and have custom honed dies for other calibers that I follow with a mandrel. I plan to do the same method with the dasher and was wondering if anyone knows what the factory forster full length sizer sizes lapua brass down to with the expander ball removed?

I have Forster Dasher FL sizing die with the neck honed to .265. Turn necks to .012 and checked neck tension with a Type S bushing die before deciding which dimension to have the neck honed. Size the brass without the expander and experiencing very little or no runout. (.0005 or less)

I have a dasher build on order and I am gathering reloading components now. I plan to use forster full length sizing die and have custom honed dies for other calibers that I follow with a mandrel. I plan to do the same method with the dasher and was wondering if anyone knows what the factory forster full length sizer sizes lapua brass down to with the expander ball removed?

Mine is .258.

I had my Forster FL dies honed to .265 as well. Run a carbide expander mandrel die afterward for 0.002 neck tension. No turn necks, very low runout.