• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FORUM MEMBER C WARD PASSED AWAY

Zak Smith

TBAC Guy
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
D101_4588_img.jpg

It is with deep sadness that the Colorado shooting community announces the loss of Chuck Ward.

He passed away of natural causes.

Chuck was always at the core of the Colorado 3-Gun and long-range shooting community, although he preferred to stay out of the limelight. He was a plank holder of the NRA Whittington Sporting Rifle Match and he was involved in every 3-Gun, multi-gun, or LR match the "old crew" had going over the last almost 20 years.

Chuck was in the 101st Airborne in the 1980's.

Rest in peace buddy.

I will update this post when arrangements are known.

ETA---

SERVICE DETAILS

TUESDAY JULY 6TH

10:30 AM Sharp, Fort Logan National Cemetery

3698 S. Sheridan Blvd, Denver.

DIRECTIONS

Enter via the NORTH GATE on SHERIDAN Proceed EAST to the second right, WYOMING STREET, head SOUTH until you see STAGING AREA B. Park here, on the road.

MAP: https://www.cem.va.gov/CEM/cems/maps/ftlogan888.pdf

Fort Logan is very busy and runs strictly on-time. Be parked and ready to proceed (presumably on foot) to the service tent at 10:15. I suggest planning to arrive at Fort Logan closer to 10:00 AM.

The Fort Logan National Cemetery service will run for approximately 20 minutes.

After services are concluded, friends will be gathering at Monaghan's Grill & Tavern, 3889 S King St, which is across the street from Ft Logan. Please RSVP to [email protected] if you will be attending this gathering, so I can have a head count.

Last edited:
Never met the man. seems our sport of shooting is diminished.
rest in peace sir

Prayers for his family and those close to him. Losing a loved one isn't easy and His love for sure eases the burden

Reactions: Sgt47
RIP Mr Ward. May the good Lord watch over and bless your family while you are gone.

Charles "Chuck" Ward

SERVICE DETAILS

TUESDAY JULY 6TH

10:30 AM Sharp, Fort Logan National Cemetery

3698 S. Sheridan Blvd, Denver.

DIRECTIONS

Enter via the NORTH GATE on SHERIDAN Proceed EAST to the second right, WYOMING STREET, head SOUTH until you see STAGING AREA B. Park here, on the road.

MAP: https://www.cem.va.gov/CEM/cems/maps/ftlogan888.pdf

Fort Logan is very busy and runs strictly on-time. Be parked and ready to proceed (presumably on foot) to the service tent at 10:15. I suggest planning to arrive at Fort Logan closer to 10:00 AM.

The Fort Logan National Cemetery service will run for approximately 20 minutes.

After services are concluded, friends will be gathering at Monaghan's Grill & Tavern, 3889 S King St, which is across the street from Ft Logan. Please RSVP to [email protected] if you will be attending this gathering, so I can have a head count.

Reactions: stevenc23