• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

foster case trimmer any good ?

dave338

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2009
EU
just looking at the foster case trimmer, its the one you mount on a drill press is it any good
i was thinking about mounting it on a small mill/drill with very fine adjustment what do you think any body got one?

Re: foster case trimmer any good ?

ive got a wilson but not much good for pistol cals
?

I don't believe the Wilson is comparable to this unit. Comments from people who have used one are very favorable. Have you tried a <span style="font-style: italic">Search</span>?

I have two of the Forster hand lathes and like them very much. Gives my right arm great exercise when trimming large batches!

If you want a hand cranking trimmer get a Wilson, in this case Dave is asking about the Forster unit for drill presses, I don't have one but my friend does and he says it works great.

The lock in the Forster drill press trimmer is the same mechanism as the hand trimmer, but vertically mounted and with a different handle.

For horizontal trimming, the RCBS sucks.
The Forster is better.
The Wilson is best, but slower.

I bought allot of trimming equipment brands and I like the Lee lock in a vertical mill with a 3-way RCBS trimmer.

Then I figured out that the trick is to not trim.
The usable neck space in the chamber is probably .015" longer than what the load book says.
The case will not grow much after one FL sizing and a neck sizer from then on.
The Lee Collet neck die is the accuracy champ and the brass life champ.
The brass will only grow .0005" per firing at very high pressure if just the neck is sized.
I like to polish the collet, collar, and mandrel of the Lee Collet neck die.
I like to seat the bullet with a Forster seating die. This will produce long brass life and very concentric ammo.

i guess the thing to do is buy one and see
cheers