• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Found a 1 MOA AK

AzNooB

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2010
Dallas, TX
YouTube Video

He posts fairly frequently on ARFCOM under the name FAC. I don't know if he's a member here. His material is usually pretty informative but I'm quite skeptical of his near 1 MOA group with Federal XM193 and ~1.6 MOA group with Wolf.

My free floated AR with a Colt 20" HBAR CL barrel shoots just under 1 MOA with FGMM and I'm using a Nightforce NXS F1. If I use any non-match ammo, my targets look as if I took a shotgun to them.

Do you guys think this 100 yard group wasn't shot at 100 yards?

Re: Found a 1 MOA AK

I've been watching Mac's videos for years and he'll be the first to tell you that AK's are not sub MOA rifles. HAVING SAID THAT if you do some research on him, you will see he's a very honest guy, competent shooter, and prior service member if memory serves. I'n a more recent video he even shot a 3/4 moa group with a newer AK, and followed up to say that he was unable to repeat the groups withing 1/2 MOA. They were just a few lucky shots of of a good gun.

Considering the accuracy he has shot some other weapons on that same range, I think its possible. The aforementioned rifle is not your bargain bin AK. And each rifle regardless of manufacture has its own character. Some guns are just shooters.

Re: Found a 1 MOA AK

There have been a few guys who shot service rifle with a VEPR 223 just to see if it was possible and they did well. 1MOA AK is probably more along the lines of picking out the luck shot group from the 4-5 that were 1.5-2".