• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

found a RCBS bullet puller trick

88blazer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2013
Port Orchard, WA
Hey guys....Not sure if people may already know this, but I thought I'd post up what I discovered. The collet on my friends puller I borrowed was too small for my 338's. I tried the shell holder instead and it worked flawlessly! Thought this might help a few people in the future. Especially like me on a really tight budget and can't afford to buy a puller for the job at hand. Layoffs suck!
338 puller.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I've been having an issue with my Forster and some 308 rounds that just wont want to budge.

Hey guys....Not sure if people may already know this, but I thought I'd post up what I discovered. The collet on my friends puller I borrowed was too small for my 338's. I tried the shell holder instead and it worked flawlessly! Thought this might help a few people in the future. Especially like me on a really tight budget and can't afford to buy a puller for the job at hand. Layoffs suck!
View attachment 26316

I think that's awesome! :)

Whoa, good read. Glad I haven't thought of that or had the need to resort to that. One poster mentions that something like that wouldn't happen with a rifle round, but I would NOT be volunteering to smack 100 rounds of loaded 338LM with high seated primers, with a case holder and inertia puller.....to prove him wrong. I'd hate to see Murphy's Law enacted if I tried that one time.

Good read! Thanks for the post! I see how the shell holder would lock it up tight in there whereas the collet would expand to allow the brass to eject without building much pressure.