• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Found another option for adjustable cheek rests

GrantA

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2010
Thomasville, GA USA
Not sure I'd choose this over a loggerhead, A+++ for effort though. I'm digging the wood stocks. I just don't know how much this would resist slipping, just a bolt tightened against a smooth rod rather than a clamp such as the loggerhead uses.
Enjoy
Adjustable Cheek Piece

I made my own similarly, except I used brass threaded inserts in the stock, for the clamping screws. They have a coarse thread outside for screwing into the wood, and 1/4-20 threads inside. Knobs with 1/4-20 thread are used to adjust, with the ends ground to a point. The vertical studs were notched with a Dremel, to give 1/4" adjustments. I picked a comfortable spot before notching, with black magic marker on the studs, tightened the clamp screws to leave a mark, then used the marks as the zero notch place, with +- 1/4" notches from that spot. The threaded inserts are used for takedown furniture assembly, normally. I suppose it would be possible to split the buttstock, if you tightened the clamp screws excessively, but the stock was a Savage laminated--strong, like bool!

Has anyone tried this with a synthetic stock. I am considering doing this to a B&C medalist. Thoughts?

dumb question but is this just a regular pop rivet gun ? hell i have 2 of them and found a mandrel for the insert