• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Found Colt .22 Conversion for AR15

wksinatl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2001
Atlanta, Ga
I had forgotten that I had this. I got it about 10yrs ago. I have never tried it. Anyone running one of these? Not sure if I want to play with it or get rid of it. If I haven't used it in 10yrs I must not need it too bad.............

EDIT, I got it out and looked at it. It has some powder residue on it so I then remembered I test fired it. I just don't remember much about it.....

thanks,
Keith

Colt22conversion.jpg

Colt22conversion5.jpg

Re: Found Colt .22 Conversion for AR15

The newer kits from Spikes and CMMG go for about $200. If you find a colt collector guy you would probably be well served going that route. Otherwise have a great time with it, there fun as can be.

Got one run one. Works like a charm. BDM is working on a magazine for the Colt/DPMS kits and hope to have it out this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had forgotten that I had this. I got it about 10yrs ago. I have never tried it. Anyone running one of these? Not sure if I want to play with it or get rid of it. If I haven't used it in 10yrs I must not need it too bad.............

thanks,
Keith

Colt22conversion.jpg

Colt22conversion5.jpg

</div></div>

if you are interested in selling it, shoot me an asking price, i collect Colt goodies & "photos" of Colt rifles/carbines
wink.gif
ha ha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
KS said:
I had forgotten that I had this. I got it about 10yrs ago. I have never tried it. Anyone running one of these? Not sure if I want to play with it or get rid of it. If I haven't used it in 10yrs I must not need it too bad.............

thanks,
<span style="font-weight: bold">Keith
if you are interested in selling it, shoot me an asking price, i collect Colt goodies & "photos" of Colt rifles/carbines
wink.gif
ha ha </span></div></div>

PP, PM sent.

Keith

they are a goood kit , the only drawback is mag capacity

I had one years ago but sold it because of the mag and the fact I had a couple Ciener kits ...IIRC correctly,I did trim the ejector tab off one of the ciener 30rd mags and it worked good ..JW