• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Found good color for stock

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
Finally decided on what color Cerakote to paint my Mcmillan A-5 Desert Camo stock. I got my color swatches in from NIC and decided on going with the C-246 Flat Dark Earth to paint all the Metal instead of going with theC-240 Coyote tan like everybody else. It looks a little bit darker and looks better. I seen a couple of guys stocks that got painted in Coyote tan and it come out way to light and doesnt look good at all but some of them come out good. Something dark is always better. The Flat dark earth from NIC is the EXACT color Mcmillan uses on their stock , it looks perfect! Cant wait to get it finished. I went back and forth for a month decideding on colors. Sticking with the F.D.E. color.
Does anyone have their A-5 painted in Dark Earth? Send me pics if you can.

Re: Found good color for stock

Hope you'll post pictures when it's done. I'd like to see it.

So you're painting your whole stock with the Cerakote, or just the metal pieces and bottom metal?

Look at the Kimber advanced tactical rifle. Same colors that you are talking about. It's coated in their own coating but the color should be close to the Cerakote.

David