• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Found (I hope) my perfect scope

zlman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2012
Fukulookinat, MN.
Well after a ton of research, questions and lurking. I stumbled onto a great find. Was originally set on getting a Sightron s3 6-24 moa, but it looks like those are about 6 weeks away from delivery and I need something mounted and sighted before then. I then started looking for a Vortex pst 6-24 mrad, tough to find but they're around. Then today looking at camera lands demo section I found a Zeiss conquest 5-20 with the rapid z-varmint reticle, awesome price and its already on the Fedex truck. This is going on a 20" bull barreled AR .223, can't wait to get it mounted up.

Re: Found (I hope) my perfect scope

I bought the sightron you mentioned from optics planet last week. they have them in stock and I talked them down to $806 shipped from $915. It is a great scope very clear. The clicks are firm and distinct. The reticle is really nice. Kind of light for late evening hunting. My 6500 2.5x16 mil dot is a darker reticle.

I am curious what your Ziess is like and how much you paid for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chambo3232</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought the sightron you mentioned from optics planet last week. they have them in stock and I talked them down to $806 shipped from $915. It is a great scope very clear. The clicks are firm and distinct. The reticle is really nice. Kind of light for late evening hunting. My 6500 2.5x16 mil dot is a darker reticle.

I am curious what your Ziess is like and how much you paid for it. </div></div>

Huh, you must have gotten the last one because I emailed them and a hundred others and nobody had the MOA reticle in stock, oh well. You're good luck.
The Zeiss was $829/shipped.

I think you made a good choice of reticle for the ziess. As I recall they have a very limited adjustment range (45 moa vs. 107 for the sightron) so you're going to need the holdover ability of the varmint reticle.

The 6.5-20 Conquest is best served with a canted rail if you want to twist turrets.

The 4.5-14x50 Conquest has more elevation, 68 moa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lennyo3034</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you made a good choice of reticle for the ziess. As I recall they have a very limited adjustment range (45 moa vs. 107 for the sightron) so you're going to need the holdover ability of the varmint reticle.</div></div>

I've never dialed in range before (I'd like to learn someday), so the reticle will be exactly what I'm used to. May will be the true test of this scope, next prairie dog trip
smile.gif