• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Found my next rifle

coldboremiracle

Freelance Sharpshooter
Minuteman
  • Jul 7, 2009
    Utah, north
    www.coldboremiracle.com
    DSCF4818.jpg

There she is, ready for some work. got it for a great deal too.

Re: Found my next rifle

Congrats on a new project! That is the same action I've been looking for, am planning to do a 300/221 build when I find one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything worth building in 223 is worth an AI upgrade.
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

+1

what barrel make model spec etc...did you decide on? interrupted flutes or standard?

Some of you guys might want to check out Academy sports in the south. I heard they were selling Remington 700 ADL's for $349. Heck you could get at least $100 for the stock and barrel. So you would only have $250 in a Remington 700 action. Sounds like a good deal to me. Especially if you are going to have the action reworked. Tom.

Anything worth building in 223 is worth an AI upgrade.

yes sir that is correct! Especially with an 8twist and heavy bullets!! Lee

Check out the 20 tactical. I am sure you will like it.
    Beware of the the AI cult, when the shoulder hits 40 degrees, magic happens. 5-10% more capacity will give you 15% more velocity at the same pressure. Primer pockets of grossly overloaded rounds stay tight forever. I have read it here more than once. Allah does not count the bullets that go down the bore to FF in the total round count. (grin and duck)

go AI man and thank us later. In my personal experieced opinion the little 223 is a tad bit to small for heavy bullets like 80+grains

what skeetlee said....AI is the way to go if you have a little cash laying around ohh around 5000 dollars
    smile.gif

skeetlee was referring to the Ackley Improved version of the 223, not the AI rifles.

Having a new action is just fun because the options are still endless. May I recommend a Kreiger barrel, although there are so many great barrel makers out there.