• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Found my POF P-308!!

RyeDaddy

Dickhole
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Hellbound in Fort Worth, TX
I had posted here asking about how long the wait was for P-308's and the outlook wasn't good. Bought one off a member here, and couldn't be happier I did, I couldn't find one anywhere!

It looks brand new, previous owner said it had 40 rounds through it. It's the 16.5" with the HSR rail. I put a set of Troy Micro Sights on it, and a VTac 2 point sling. Saving for a scope, but it can wait. Bought it mostly for hog hunting which I've been doing with an open sighted Marlin and not had any problems. I think eventually I wanna get a can, that'll be my first one (gotta save my pennies).

Took it out to the indoor range my wife works at and shot it at 25 yards standing today, this thing is amazing! I put 30 rounds through it and it ran like a sewing machine. I'll take it out to 200 yards to sight it in whenever the temperature gets below that of the surface of the sun(it's been in the 105-110 range here for months). I'm blown away by how light the recoil is, and even shooting it indoors it wasn't as loud as I thought it would be with a muzzle break. I only had muffs on and it was fine.

Here it is:
2s65zjb.jpg

Re: Found my POF P-308!!

Very nice. I shot a nice buck a few seasons ago with a POF 16.5". Normally I never notice the sound of the shot when shooting at game, but I will admit that after that shot my ears were ringing the rest of the morning. I would take some hearing protection along on your future hog masacres. Other than that these rifles are a joy to shoot and accurate. Enjoy.

Great buy, you are going to find the .308 is habit forming. My 5.56's are starting to gather dust.

Nice snag!!! Glad you found what you were looking for and that you are pleased with it so far. Just wait until you get a chance to get her out and try her at longer ranges...you are REALLY going to love that rifle!

I love it already, but man does this thing chew up brass! Fired cases look like they came out of a wolverine den. All my other rifles are bolt actions or leverguns. Oh well, I've got a small mountain of 308 brass.

Wait till you get it outside!

I'll tell you I'm tired of this 100* crap!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyeDaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love it already, but man does this thing chew up brass! Fired cases look like they came out of a wolverine den. All my other rifles are bolt actions or leverguns. Oh well, I've got a small mountain of 308 brass. </div></div>

Can you upload photos of the brass it chewed up? Is it every case?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Valyndiir</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Can you upload photos of the brass it chewed up? Is it every case?</div></div>

Yeah, I can put up pics when I get home tomorrow. There's dings on all of them, case shoulders, some are on the web. It's more from being flung on concrete I think, case mouths are all shitted up. There's nothing wrong with the rifle or anything, I'm just used to perfect brass coming from my bolt actions..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyeDaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Valyndiir</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Yeah, I can put up pics when I get home tomorrow. There's dings on all of them, case shoulders, some are on the web. It's more from being flung on concrete I think, case mouths are all shitted up. There's nothing wrong with the rifle or anything, I'm just used to perfect brass coming from my bolt actions..</div></div>

No worries, my rifle does the same and I think it's a common thing with pretty much all AR based rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyeDaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Valyndiir</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Yeah, I can put up pics when I get home tomorrow. There's dings on all of them, case shoulders, some are on the web. It's more from being flung on concrete I think, case mouths are all shitted up. There's nothing wrong with the rifle or anything, I'm just used to perfect brass coming from my bolt actions..</div></div>

No worries, my rifle does the same and I think it's a common thing with pretty much all AR based rifles. </div></div>

+1, if the head or rim of the case was being gouged and or broken there would be cause for concern, however if dinged shoulders is all your talking about that is pretty normal especially if you are using something like hornady superperfomance.

Cut a coil off the ejector spring to reduce brass denting. Order a spare before you monkey with it though. Also you could run a CS Tubbs spring which will hold it in battery a few milliseconds longer and allow pressures to reduce before the bcg starts moving. One last thing you can do is run a heavier buffer and or bcg weight to slow down movement of the bcg while pressures are high.

I have a 20" that I am having accuracy issues with and don't seem to be getting much help from POF. What are you guy's getting out of yours?

So far so good. No in depth accuracy test yet, 25 yards in a standing position holding up a 10 lb rifle is no way to judge something like that, but all shots were within a 3" circle despite not taking my time, so that's a winner. Another month or so and I'll get it out to the outdoor range with a scope to do some load testing and we'll see what it's capable of.

ProblemChild: Thanks for the tip. I resized all the brass I had shot through it and it all came out smooth, so it should be fine. If I get cracked shoulders early from dings I might try your suggestions.