• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FOUND ONE- Scope Mount Recommendations Needed

Keith E.

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2007
Eastern N.C.
8Aug22- I chose a Geissle 05-405B mount.

All,

I picked up a Vortex CM-534 34mm 0moa cantilever mount to drop an ATACR 4-16X42 into. Now that it's installed, I see that I could get by with less cantilever than the 3.5" that this mount provides. I also wouldn't need the rear ring sitting over the front crossbolt which currently sits four pic slots back from the front of the lower receiver. The scope is where it needs to be for me and the turrets overlap ~30% over the front of the lower.
I am open to recommendations &/or suggestions and would also welcome any pictures that might be available.

I don't have any local businesses that stock a good variety of this style mount for comparision so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith

20220807_145705.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Keith. So what's the problem? Not seeing any issues except the rear ring a little close to the turrets. That can be taken care of by sliding the mount back 2 slots on the upper and repositioning the scope back to where it sits now where it's comfortable for you. Then you will be fine.

Reactions: RayDBonz
So what's the problem? Not seeing any issues except the rear ring a little close to the turrets. That can be taken care of by sliding the mount back 2 slots on the upper and repositioning the scope back to where it sits now where it's comfortable for you. Then you will be fine.
This is pretty much exactly what I was going to type.

Is there an issue with the magnification throw lever hitting?

Just make sure the mount is not split on both front and rear picatinny rails.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick replies gentlemen. I have no problems, just wants. I'd just prefer less cantilever and the rear ring not stacked on the front crossbolt. I believe that the last want would handle the rear ring being that close to the turrets as well. There are no clearance issues with the throw lever.

Thanks,
Keith

If it bothers you, spend the $ and get EXACTLY what you want. You should be happy when you look at a rifle you use often, not be unhappy with compromises.

Measure how much shorter you would prefer the extended cantilever to be and get that length.

How "precision" is your platform? You have a great scope and mounts are important for precision. Assuming your rifle/barrel is up to it.

If it bothers you, spend the $ and get EXACTLY what you want. You should be happy when you look at a rifle you use often, not be unhappy with compromises.

Measure how much shorter you would prefer the extended cantilever to be and get that length.

How "precision" is your platform? You have a great scope and mounts are important for precision. Assuming your rifle/barrel is up to it.

I've yet to see any images with measurements for their respective mount components. I could work from there to get what I want with that information.

I believe it'll end up being precisiony once I figure out what it likes. So far it's pretty consistent with everything but the cheaper fmj offerings. Just got the new glass/mount on it Friday evening and was able to get out for a little bit Saturday. I ran some Fed TRU soft points and asst 55/62fmj before having to leave. I want to get a different mount before I run any higher quality ammo through it.

Thanks,
Keith

I believe that I've found what I wanted. Today I went to my local ffl to compare my optics setup to whatever he had in stock. The idea was to find the style of mount that I wanted and let him order one in 34mm. He'd already ordered some so I chose and left with a Geissle 05-405B.

I appreciate the replies.

Keith

Last edited:
The Seekins version of that Vortex mount has less cantilevering. I'm not certain how much, but it's less.

I use the Vortex mounts, and think they're stiff enough for the cantilevering to be a non-issue.

left_side.png