• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Found/purchased - Bergara B14R old style striker assembly

357Max

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 11, 2019
    Marylandistan
    Who still has their original striker assembly laying around?

It's the one pictured on top below. Bergara has been sending replacements (bottom in picture).

1612228893121.png

How do you know which one you have? Guess I’ll have to email bergara.
    14 coils on striker spring is new style & 17 coils is old style that they are/will send a replacement for.

It appears the only change is the thicker spring with less coils, but they sent complete striker assemblies as replacement.

Any particular reason you want the old assembly? Also I’ll ask around my local shop to see if they have any

I need to grind the cocking sear shorter on the bolt to work with a Huber trigger & I don’t want to be married to it. I’m looking to pillage the cockng cam pc from the old style striker assembly.

Last edited:
    Do you know the reason for the change?
    From the Bergara thread on hear. It was reported people were getting light strikes/unreliable ignition with the old version. It had a lighter spring that was smaller diameter with more coils (17 coils I think on the old one).