• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Found the perfect item for hunting/camping!

wjwill

Off road Junkie
Minuteman
Supporter+
Nov 28, 2007
East KY and Georgia
I have been thinking about getting a nice tent lately. Well earlier today I was looking at another forum and seen some pictures of tent trailors. So I started to research these and honestly I can say they look/are cool as shit. I mean when I would go on a hunting trip, I would have everything I need in a hook-up and go package. As for camping it would pretty much be the same thing.

I'm thinking really hard on getting one. Any opinions would be very helpful on this.

http://www.campausa.com/att_drs.htm

shower_tent_kitchen.JPG

kitchen2.JPG

attpacked.JPG

attdeployed.JPG

Re: Found the perfect item for hunting/camping!

Its how do you say... ergonomic. Seems very practicle for the weekend warrior/camper/hunter and should get a lot of looks and questions at the local KOA.

From the look of the website and the fact they won't give you prices without submitting your contact info I'd say about as much as the truck you'd buy to pull it with.

The ATT model was listed at another website at $15K and it didn't look as well outfitted as the one above does. There was at least another 10K of options listed as well, including the large rooftop tent being $3k optional. I'd guess as shown that's close to $20K

For that kind of $ some of the best setups I've seen are guys that have taken a small enclosed trailer like a 5x8 or 5x10 and basically made a camper out of them for a whole lot less than $15k. You can easily get a light AL version and lift it up a bit, put real tires on it to get off road clearance. You can easily install a sink, refridge, heater, generator, bunk beds, the whole shebang, have more room, and be much better protected from cold/rain/wind and save a few grand in the process. Not to mention all that stuff can be removed quickly and the trailer used for other purposes. In reality you aren't going to be doing any serious off roading with any trailer be it this small version or a larger enclosed. Especially when the small ATT camper is 2000+ lbs before you put anything in it. Add water, fuel, food, etc. and 2500 lbs would be easy to hit.

People that buy this stuff are the same people that buy the portable microwave, portable blender, and portable deep fryer for their "camping" needs from cabelas.

Gonna be a bitch getting that thing on your back. Looks interesting enough to try it though.

Yikes!! Over $20k! Cool toy and nice features, but
shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BVEAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice! Although sleeping that close to the kitchen may get interesting. </div></div>

Specially in Griz country
crazy.gif

It is nice if that is what you want, but for that kind of doe you could get a bigger enclosed trailer.

I didn't buy it, but was just looking around for aomething i can use for weekend get-a-ways. I'm also looking at SUV tents.

If I do get a tent for the SUV, not sure which would be better. The tent that mounts on top can deploy and fold away in seconds. The tent that attatches to the back of the SUV has to be set up which could take a while. I know both has thier flaws, but i just need to find one that suits me.

Right now I am leaning torwards the rooftop tent because it folds out and saves room inside the vehicle. Another plus to the rooftop tent is that when it is folded up, I can use it as a flat space to tie things down on. Pics are below.

Rooftop tent
Overland_desert_in_ombra.gif

Rearmount tent
hhr-tent.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not just put the seat down an sleep? </div></div>

Putting the seat down and sleeping is an idea, but I have other stuff/gear in the vehicle also.

That first rig is pretty good looking, but way too expensive.

Where are you planning to camp and what are you afraid of on the ground that you need an elevated tent?

What kind of a truck are you trying to build your camp around?