• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Found two locked bucks floating... Graphic photos

mberry223

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2003
Virginia Beach, VA
<span style="font-size: 11pt">I was invited to a property for some hunting last week and had breakfast with the land owner the morning after filling my tag. He mentioned a large number of deer in a certain area of his land and that his property manager was worried they may have poachers coming in there. His concern was caused by spotting two deer floating in the river by a low water crossing. I asked if he looked at the deer to see if they may have been bucks that got locked up and fell in the water, he said they had not even thought of that possibility. So, off we went to investigate.... </span>

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

<span style="font-size: 11pt">It looks like the eight point was on his way down hill and the ten was fighting to be the new dominant buck of the area. Both were trophy quality. I wish I could have seen them before they fell in the water... The ten was touching 170 and the eight was a solid 150 class. My hunting buddy and the land owner are business partners, so they are having them mounted (European style) and they will be displayed in their new office. Very cool way to end a great hunt.</span>

Re: Found two locked bucks floating... Graphic photos

Those would of been super nice freezer fillers, darn they went that way.

Wow, a great loss in the gene pool of your hunting area! That's too bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongArm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">damn, y'all got so many nice buck they are killing themselves. </div></div>

Over a piece of pussy.

Wow, what a couple of nice bucks!

A pair of nice ones...too bad to lose them like that but great to have that kind of quality around.

It seems like these types of pics pop up every year. It kind of reminds you of that primal urge that will allow you to fight to the death.

You know you have a great area to hunt when the bucks kill themselves off. Awesome pictures!

Are you going to mount them int he locked-up position in which you found them? I think that would be a cool conversation piece.

Great bucks. Too bad they went that way rather to a good hunter.

I've seen several mounts of bucks all locked up like that and they look really good.

Nice bucks. Always hate to see deer of that quality go down that way.

Thats too bad! Both had thick beams, I'd have been glad to take either of them home.

Nice bucks. Makes you wonder how often this happens and how many are not found.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MB650</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongArm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">damn, y'all got so many nice buck they are killing themselves. </div></div>

Over a piece of pussy. </div></div>

Well not quite, the right to all the pussy around, but ok, perhaps that is the same?
Nice bucks and nice heads, I am glad that you took the time/trouble to make good use of the trophys. /Chris

Wish we had nice bucks like that in Michigan. Haven't seen much this year other than some small 6 points.

Damn shame. Will they mount them locked up like they went out? That would be a pretty cool mount if done the right way. Maybe on a pedestal in the corner of the office or something.

Wow. 2 nice deer. One trophy. Cool pictures.

awesome find. My buddy in Texas has found a couple locked up - one was dead already, and another set where they were almost dead, but he was able to separate them. They make a super cool mount IMHO.

That is going to be a really cool mount! Wished you would have found one of them before this.

That will be a awesome mount to have in the office. I would have shot either one of those bucks they look like nice ones.