• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment Found! -- WTB/WTT for: RCBS Bullet Puller Collet #9423 for 6.5 projos

StrayDog

At large
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 25, 2010
    ME
    Looking for the collet only for 6.5 boolits, seems out of stock everywhere?
    Thanks

Edit to add--found one, thank you all.

Last edited:
    I found the 6.5 and 338 OK a few months back (Midway and RCBS-direct), but finding the 300 was damn impossible. Had to go to eBay and pay an extortion-rate to win an auction. The damn collet cost me twice as much as the whole friggin' die, collet included. Good luck ... finding this for 6.5, 300, and 338 was (a) expensive, and (b) really hard. We do live in crazy times, when you have to mortgage your home to buy a bullet-puller. Either that, or wait on backorder until you're so old that dementia sets in and you finally get it in the mail and say "What the heck is this for?" ... and your wife says "What? Where did you want to take a tour?".

If you happen to have a 270 collet, they work without destroying the projectile.
    I've actually had pretty good luck with the assigned size. Twist to contact - Very slight over-twist - Pull ram gently ... usually comes out without scarring the bullet. If it doesn't work, use slightly more pressure until it does. I manage to save greater than 80% of my screw-ups.

I've actually had pretty good luck with the assigned size. Twist to contact - Very slight over-twist - Pull ram gently ... usually comes out without scarring the bullet. If it doesn't work, use slightly more pressure until it does. I manage to save greater than 80% of my screw-ups.

The actual size always works better, but in a pinch...

I've used the .357 to pull .429 semi-wadcutters because it fits the nose of the projectile.

Heading to my local Sportsman's. I will see if they have what you are looking for.