• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blwxxzy

Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Anyone have a barrel vise laying around they’re not using and want to sell?

Last edited:
As long as your barrel doesn’t have any kind of paint job/cerakote that vise will work. I am the reason for their newly added disclaimer. It will cut right through any coating.

I’d get the Viper Vise. It’s been around longer and better made.

Woudn't think they needed a disclaimer that raw metal clamping force will mar finish. Putting some kind of leather between the vise and the barrel will alleviate that issue.

Woudn't think they needed a disclaimer that raw metal clamping force will mar finish. Putting some kind of leather between the vise and the barrel will alleviate that issue.

All that was done! Precautions were taken to protect the 2 Barrels I tested this vise on. I noticed their anodizing is hit/miss and some vises could have some sharp edges that need deburring. They also have a step machined into the curvature for the top/bottom half which is what cut through the material I used to wrap my barrel.
I have another vise similar in design to this one with a smooth curvature that has served me well for years of barrel swaps without damaging the finish on barrels even without wrapping barrels to protect them.
This vise will be perfectly fine if the OP will be using non coated barrels. I would not recommend it for removing factory barrels since some of those are on the edge of being permanently locked on and require more holding strength and torque to remove.

I have a lead on a used Viper. I should know tonight. Thanks