• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Foundation Centurion Cheek Riser Bolt Size

christopheraz

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2017
Gilbert, AZ
Does anyone happen to know the size of the bolt that is used in the Foundation Centurion cheek riser? I would like to be able to adjust it without needing a tool if.

Does anyone happen to know the size of the bolt that is used in the Foundation Centurion cheek riser? I would like to be able to adjust it without needing a tool if.
I don't, sorry, but if you have it in your hands, remove it and take it it to Lowes or Home Depot. In the Fasteners aisle they have these little fixtures where you can confirm thread diameter and pitch. Then it's just a matter of measuring the bolt length, typically measured "from where the material surface is assumed to be." So for a countersunk bolt that's the top of the screw head; for a cap screw it's underneath the screw head. If you have calipers that's easiest, or you can just compare the bolt to the what's in the store's lil baggies.

There's a similar thread on it here (post #2):

I dabble in making a lot of my own (soft) custom shooting gear for various reasons, so I could appreciate you trying that route,
but there are at least (4) makers of tool-less knobs for Loggerhead that I've seen on this site fairly often:

-TS Customs
-360 Precision
-Manners (MCS)
-Butch's Gun's (Woodward, OK)

Reactions: camocorvette
I don't, sorry, but if you have it in your hands, remove it and take it it to Lowes or Home Depot. In the Fasteners aisle they have these little fixtures where you can confirm thread diameter and pitch. Then it's just a matter of measuring the bolt length, typically measured "from where the material surface is assumed to be." So for a countersunk bolt that's the top of the screw head; for a cap screw it's underneath the screw head. If you have calipers that's easiest, or you can just compare the bolt to the what's in the store's lil baggies.

Or he could call Foundation and ask

Wow, primal rights made exactly what you need but I just checked and it doesn’t look like they offer them anymore

Attachments

• ED4A590E-34D7-4165-AE86-D847A49CC4AD.jpeg
    ED4A590E-34D7-4165-AE86-D847A49CC4AD.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 70
Wow, primal rights made exactly what you need but I just checked and it doesn’t look like they offer them anymore
Yea, I saw that as well. Seems a lot of products have been removed. I'm not sure why. This seems like a simple fix though, I sent an email to Foundation about the size of the bolt. There's a lot of thumb screws out there.

I already provided it in the link above , 1/4”-28.
Terry at Kmw is providing them to Foundation.
Here is another thread where the bolt diameter and thread pitch is coming straight from him (#5)

I have not personally seen a lot of the KMW tool-less knobs he references in the thread (over 10 years old )but they could very likely be used more in the LEO projects he seems to do a lot of.

Reactions: camocorvette
I hilljacked a Master Class Stocks thumbwheel cheekpiece onto a Manners T

Instant adjustment when you wanted it, zero movement on its own

Howa 1500.jpg

I must be a weakling, I can’t get my KMW hardware tight enough by hand without an Allen key.