• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Foundation Centurion vs Genesis2

Davehc130

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2013
Anyone get their hands on both these? I currently have a Genesis 2. I love it but I think might want to build another rifle on the Centurion. I like the width of the Genesis on a bag but the grip is a little far back for me....I understand the Centurion grip is more vertical and slightly forward...anyone get to handle both and can comment?

I have had both and have the Centurion now. The centurion grip is more vertical and a little closer to the trigger guard.
what about the fore end is one wider than the other? Which stock do you prefer?

I also have both. The fore end is just barely 1/8" wider and a more vertical grip. I prefer the Centurion after running it.

@Davehc130
While the fore end is only slightly wider on the centurion, the bottom of the forend has a much wider flat spot for a bag with the smaller side radius used on the Centurion. I use a short arca rail in the front and use the wide flat for bag support.
thanks!

Has anyone tried a foundation stock but moved on to something different ?

I still have a handful (5 I think) foundations, and still use them, but also use a chassis some as well. Both are great options. In reality I can’t tell much of a difference between the Genesis 1, 2, or the exodus in terms of function or performance. I almost like the exodus a bit more because of the thinner fore end. FWIW I’ve also shot well and placed well at matches with them all. There are plenty of guys that don’t like the ergonomics due to hand shape or what feels comfortable, but they absolutely work. I’m still partial to a chassis and pistol grip, but at the end of the day I shoot both just fine. It’s one of those things that you won’t know until you try it for a few months.

I have a couple MG2 Foundations, and have tried out the Centurion briefly. My initial impression was that I liked the more vertical grip of the Centurion. No plans to change out my MG2's, they are still working fine, but I might lean towards Centurion if buying new.

The Foundation stocks are 100% solid...
Few small tweaks they made early on addressed issues guys were having, mostly related to how far the front of the grip was set back from the trigger shoe.

Like Stick said... they are a plug. For a Vudoo and your purpose it would be a great combo though. Can’t help you on the grip “feel” etc compared to the others listed, but I was pretty fond of the ones I’ve used.

Anyone get their hands on both these? I currently have a Genesis 2. I love it but I think might want to build another rifle on the Centurion. I like the width of the Genesis on a bag but the grip is a little far back for me....I understand the Centurion grip is more vertical and slightly forward...anyone get to handle both and can comment?
well I pulled the trigger on the Centurion.....now I need the action and barrel....building a 6.5x47

well I pulled the trigger on the Centurion.....now I need the action and barrel....building a 6.5x47
put my dasher in the centurion and I like it better than the Gen2...I like the more vertical grip as well as the grip being closer to the trigger...will shoot a match with it next month..