• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Foundation Dominion

Guns&WhiteWater

Shall not be infringed
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
Tellico Plains, TN
Just saw this earlier today. Absolutely love it.

Interesting.

My thoughts:

- I would personally prefer a more vertical grip. Though I know some prefer a bit more of a swept grip for hunting. I just grew up with vertical grips and that's what I'm used to.

- I wish they would make any weight saving "cutouts"/pockets (for lack of a better term) only on the interior for aesthetic purposes. Would be very difficult to do on the butt, but I imagine wouldn't be hard to do in the barrel channel. There just has to be a better way to cut weight while mainting aesthetics.

i know you can only go so light with micarta, but was a bit disappointed to learn it still weighs over 3lb.

The revelation is only 5oz heavier….

I was considering using this new stock for a hunting rifle build but a manners lrh is half the weight.

I’m a diehard foundation fan. Have been for years and my comp rifles are all foundations. Just don’t see a reason to get this over the revelation I already have. Basically the same weight

Reactions: nrspence
Interesting.

My thoughts:

- I would personally prefer a more vertical grip. Though I know some prefer a bit more of a swept grip for hunting. I just grew up with vertical grips and that's what I'm used to.

- I wish they would make any weight saving "cutouts"/pockets (for lack of a better term) only on the interior for aesthetic purposes. Would be very difficult to do on the butt, but I imagine wouldn't be hard to do in the barrel channel. There just has to be a better way to cut weight while mainting aesthetics.
Get a revelation. Vertical grip and only 5oz heavier lol

Reactions: Bravo6niner
I think the dominion should track well under recoil with that negative comb.

I agree though not sure why they left the grip so open.

A high bore axis doesn't matter with a 26" MTU dasher, but once you run a 2b/3 Sporter barrel with 15+ ft lbs of recoil, spotting impacts can be challenging.

That dominion + 18" 6.5 PRC 3b + ultra 7 + mausingfield + 3-12 bushy or 4-16 atacr would be a bitchin long range middleweight. I wouldn't want one much lighter.

Reactions: nrspence
Yeah after thinking about it, that’s a pretty hefty weight. I’d still make it work, though. 18” 6.5x47 is the next build, trying to keep it on the lighter side. The grip angle should be fine for sitting and standing shots and for quick shooting.

I wonder why they didn’t relieve some weight by removing material / going in under the butt(pad)? Maybe they did, but the hollow cavities from beneath look to go pretty deep. Even though it would add some weight, I hope that they offer the barrel channel in some of the more popular contours. A smaller barrel swimming in there just doesn’t look right to some.

Love my Foundation Revelation and when I first saw this I got a bit excited but it's not for me.
I'll agree with an earlier post - I definitely want a vertical grip and lighter.

I wish they would do a Revelation without the adjustable cheek to cut weight. I've been swapping all my adjustable Manners out for non-adjustable cheeks for weight.

Random other wishlist item - I wish they'd do a black Revelation also.

Last edited:
Love my Foundation Revelation and when I first saw this I got a bit excited but that didn't last. It's not for me.
I'll agree with an earlier post - I definitely want a vertical grip and lighter.

I wish they would do a Revelation without the adjustable cheek to cut weight. I've been swapping all mine out and dropping the adjustable cheek for weight.

Random other wishlist item - I wish they'd do a black Revelation also.
I've seen some black revelations in the wild.

usually "special order" but I've seen them
F077A0EE-3934-4FE6-B665-5B3458837CE7.jpg

• Love
Reactions: BigPrince
If it wasn’t for the grip I’d be all in. I prefer the Genesis 2 and Exodus grip to the Centurion.

This is an interesting stock, and I keep coming back to look at it. Given the properties of Micarta and the fact that it is a little heavier, I'm really curious what it might do for a 300 PRC hunting rifle in terms of taming recoil. Would be a beauty.