• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Four Arrested And Charged For Drowning Seals

DarnYankeeUSMC

McCarthy Was Right
Minuteman
  • Mar 18, 2012
    In your head

There would be a lot less trouble over there if we would get the fuck out of there and quit stirring up the shit.
    It's amazing to read the comments and see how many people think that we should be getting more involved. Involved to the point of war. While only a few get it. The potato regime dropped the sanctions and sent a plane load of cash while stirring the pot.
    But orange man bad!!!

I'm wondering where they are getting the authority to board ships in international waters.
    Unflagged ship. IIRC, authority to board such ships goes back to the early days of the Second Barbary War in the early 1800s. While it was most noted in establishing the doctrine of free trade on the open seas, it also established the enforcement of illegal activities on the open water. This was soon adopted as maritime law among nearly every country in the world.

Unflagged ship. IIRC, authority to board such ships goes back to the early days of the Second Barbary War in the early 1800s. While it was most noted in establishing the doctrine of free trade on the open seas, it also established the enforcement of illegal activities on the open water. This was soon adopted as maritime law among nearly every country in the world.
    So we are using this to police the oceans of the world. And people wonder why the rest of the world doesn't like Americans. The Pravda spew the propaganda and wrap it up in the American flag and the citizens eat it up.

Y'all believe what the media tells you still? That shit ended with the smith-mundt for me.

I don't think we should be stirring the pot globally..... but I also don't buy what the media says.

Y'all believe what the media tells you still? That shit ended with the smith-mundt for me.

I don't think we should be stirring the pot globally..... but I also don't buy what the media says.
    I don't see where anyone in this thread is buying into the pravda propaganda.
    Question everything. Watch the key words. Words matter.

Reactions: goinghunting
    So we are using this to police the oceans of the world. And people wonder why the rest of the world doesn't like Americans. The Pravda spew the propaganda and wrap it up in the American flag and the citizens eat it up.
    Judging by your username containing USMC, you should be well aware of this history. And yes and many countries use this as law. Because if we (and other countries) didn't enforce the law, everyone would still be paying TRIBUTES to perform trade and navigation of open waters.

I'm wondering where they are getting the authority to board ships in international waters.
    They are most likely running combined teams with Coast Guard TACLET. They are not "military" and can do SNO (statement of no objection) to board or assimilate as stateless vessel. What I did for years running counter drug, AMIO and embargo enforcement. Op Con and Tac Con shift to CG control puts them under state department control, not Navy. All a mask though. In the end it is just a play on words to work around laws.

Reactions: NiteQwill
    the-curse-of-the-black-pearl-pirates-of-the-caribbean.gif

Reactions: BurtG
    These counter lethal aid dhow ops have been going on for a long time now. Hell I did one over 10 years ago. They are well within the scope of an established joint mission set, and most of them are "off the shelf" and go completely unnoticed. Not because of a classification per se, though parts and pieces might be, but because they are routine...people and stuff turned over to a host nation, dets back to their units. Clearly not every every risk can be mitigated, as we lost 2 professionals doing it. But I doubt we'd have hung onto those detained if that had not happened.

They are most likely running combined teams with Coast Guard TACLET. They are not "military" and can do SNO (statement of no objection) to board or assimilate as stateless vessel. What I did for years running counter drug, AMIO and embargo enforcement. Op Con and Tac Con shift to CG control puts them under state department control, not Navy. All a mask though. In the end it is just a play on words to work around laws.
    I did notice that those detained were for lying to the coast guard.

The sanctions are a combinationtion of US, EU, and UN actions. The sanctions are enforced under authority from the UN.

Biden is too much of a pussy to do it on his own.

you must have been USMC during peacetime…huh?

Acting like it hasn’t been public knowledge that SOF guys operate in non permissive environments since what, the 70s?
    Went in after the Beirut barracks and got out after Desert Storm.
    Before that I knew of a lot of stuff going on in central and south American countries.
    But didn't really give a fuck about maritime laws. Still don't, that's why I asked about it.