• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fox in the Henhouse

Clob McStrunk

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2020
Chattanooga
Need some advice; long story short - wife's grandmother has taken a lover that is giving me some questionable vibes and I want to do some digging to make sure the family isn't at risk.

I've got enough background info to give someone with more resources than myself plenty to go on to do some deeper investigating. He's supposedly Vietnam-era Ranger, had a law practice for 40+ years, "left bodies" in a few places during his sneak-into-Cuba-to-grab-a-bail jumper years, etc.

Is a private investigator firm the way to go? Are these even real? Is there any way to corroborate his military history/stories? How old would someone be if they were a sergeant in 1968? What really happened to WTC7?

My dad was a Ranger in Vietnam, he passed last year but was born in 1944 so he would be fairly old even if he was 18 years old when drafted

We ran into a similar issue with my wife's grandfather. He started grief counseling after his wife died, the counselor ended up marrying him (45 year age difference). She completely isolated him from his family. We filed numerous complaints at both state and federal levels, nothing was ever done. She bled him dry financially and left him nearly penniless

Need some advice; long story short - wife's grandmother has taken a lover that is giving me some questionable vibes and I want to do some digging to make sure the family isn't at risk.

I've got enough background info to give someone with more resources than myself plenty to go on to do some deeper investigating. He's supposedly Vietnam-era Ranger, had a law practice for 40+ years, "left bodies" in a few places during his sneak-into-Cuba-to-grab-a-bail jumper years, etc.

Is a private investigator firm the way to go? Are these even real? Is there any way to corroborate his military history/stories? How old would someone be if they were a sergeant in 1968? What really happened to WTC7?
As a start, spend the $35.00 (or whatever it is now) for a quick report on "MyLife.com".

It's by no means conclusive and should only be used as an initial investigation. But, If it turns up a bunch of turds, you'll know that you need to take it (investigations) to a higher level.

"Left a few bodies" statement is indicative that further investigation is definitely warranted. When I was younger, I was very naive. It never occurred to me that there were people out there that were complete and total pathological liars. As I got older and gained experience, I came to see just how naive I was.

We had a neighbor lady that was a relatively young widower. Her first husband was killed in a commercial plane crash. I think she received a settlement in the mid to upper 7 figures. When she moved in to the house across the street, she had re-married and her new husband was a lawyer.

Over time, the facts started coming out. He had been looking for recent widows that had received handsome settlements and found her. He ended up getting half of everything she had. She was naive and never saw it coming. He was a real piece of shit.

Make sure all property is in a trust with your wife, MIL, or someone else in the family as Trustee.

Put dual signatures on any savings / investment accounts with another family member on the account.

(If she is elderly you should have done the above already)

Visit her regularly, spend time with her getting to know him and wish her well with her companionship in her remaining years.

Reactions: BurtG
Control Freak ? Shouldn't the Wife's Grandmother have a say in this ?

Depends on the circumstances, my grandmother has dementia and could easily be fleeced dry by somebody and never have any idea what was happening.

Reactions: lash

A former Marine in this video has his doubts about a guy claiming to be an ex Vietnam era Navy SEAL, who is wanting to date his mother. The part where the scumbag is trying to hookup with his mom comes towards the end of the video. At that point the Marine confronts the piece of shit fake SEAL. Before that Shipley goes about dismantling the lying scumbags war stories and heroic deeds.🤣

How old would someone be if they were a sergeant in 1968?
That there is telling.
Figure minimum of ~about~ 23 to be a buck e5 sarge in war time.
Back it up....68 - 23..... *allegedly* born in 1945.
Would make him a minimum of about 78 years old.
How old does he claim to be ?
I don't see an issue with the 40 year legal beagle claim....but the BAR check is a simple, and good, idea.
Being a Ranger during 'Nam was a whole bunch easier than being a Ranger today, then it was just another dude in the Army, today it's (for some reason) an elite squad tag.
Chasing a bail jumper to Cuba ? I highly doubt that shit.....HIGHLY.
That is serious Hollywood shit, it just doesn't happen in real life.
Is his name Sylvester by any chance ?

Reactions: Clob McStrunk
7r5iux.jpg

Sounds way too boisterous to be authentic. Leaving bodies, etc. Either a pathological liar, or a liar and is trying to impress you. Check his state bar license, if there ever was one. This can be done in 5 minutes, for free.

At work in the construction industry, we would run into guys I called "130 year old guys." If they did everything they said they did for as long as they did, the would have to be 130 years old. 30 years as an electrician. 20 years as a race car driver. Green beret and then Navy SEAL in Vietnam for a number of combat tours. On and on.

Similar suspicions, experience. All brought to light at the lawyers office upon the unexpected first passing of the scoundrel and trust documents examined. Man proposes but God disposes. Have been able to remedy to a degree but a real mess and quite painful for the survivor. Gotta take care of family and do the due diligence. Grief dulls the senses giving an open door to opportunists.

I agree. Ask him his ranger class number and where was his jump school. I'm 77. Born in '46. In Nam in 67. B Co 1/5 rangers. See if he knows what a "lurp-rat" is.

Last edited:
seems to me that somebody like him would understand your concerns and provide bank statements and whatever else you want :p

Make sure all property is in a trust with your wife, MIL, or someone else in the family as Trustee.

Put dual signatures on any savings / investment accounts with another family member on the account.
All this has been firmly set up years ago, wife's uncle (granny's son) is the executor/trustee, so there isn't as much worry here on the surface. Worry arises with how he has already worked himself into getting to stay in the house until he dies if she goes first. With him being a sleazy lawyer, there is greater concern that he's got some legal fuckery that he could try pulling.

Jeez you guys are slacking - How hot is your wife's grandmother and how much dough does she have?
For being 83, she's a dime. And a mountain of it.

hat there is telling.
Figure minimum of ~about~ 23 to be a buck e5 sarge in war time.
Back it up....68 - 23..... *allegedly* born in 1945.
Would make him a minimum of about 78 years old.
How old does he claim to be ?
He says he's 75.

Being a Ranger during 'Nam was a whole bunch easier than being a Ranger today, then it was just another dude in the Army, today it's (for some reason) an elite squad tag.
He's got this patch that he claims was his unit
image-asset-254x300.png

I've spent a few min on this site, but havent decided if/how to contact anyone through there. Figured that might be a long shot. Is there an Army version of Don Shipley?

Reactions: Oldloser
I should add the best part of his showing off; he presented a sawed-off Remington pump that he "pulled from the rafters in an enemy house on his last mission and smuggled it home." And since it was shorter than the legal limit at the time (?) he had the barrel plugged at both the breach and muzzle. lolz

So, how many gooks had 870s hidden in their attics at that time, is the real question.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Look him up on the State Bar website for your state. It will tell you how long he has been practicing law for in that state and if he has been disciplined for misconduct. Another possible option is to find out what field of the law he works in (corp, tax, criminal, etc.) and see if your circle of friends has any connections to lawyers that also work in that part of the world.

At work in the construction industry, we would run into guys I called "130 year old guys." If they did everything they said they did for as long as they did, the would have to be 130 years old. 30 years as an electrician. 20 years as a race car driver. Green beret and then Navy SEAL in Vietnam for a number of combat tours. On and on.
To be fair you can get 30 years of experience as an electrician and a race car driver at the same time. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Some people are liars, some people have done a lot of shit. The liars are usually pretty easy to sniff out. They tell stories like, chasing bail jumpers into Cuba, and have to add grandiose things like, wink nudge, left some dead bodies on way. Don't tell anyone though. I only told you cause I trust you.

It's a thing, for sure. Wife's g'ma was well off. After she passed her grandad wound up dating the caretaker who basically married him, then fleeced him for everything he had

Old folks can be stupid and stubborn

Reactions: Shanghai McCoy
All this has been firmly set up years ago, wife's uncle (granny's son) is the executor/trustee, so there isn't as much worry here on the surface. Worry arises with how he has already worked himself into getting to stay in the house until he dies if she goes first. With him being a sleazy lawyer, there is greater concern that he's got some legal fuckery that he could try pulling.

For being 83, she's a dime. And a mountain of it.

He says he's 75.
40+ years with his own law practice and a military pension and he doesn't have his own place...:unsure:

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
Damnit fellas ya'll are blinded by the topic and not considering the important things......

Pictures of grandma? All of us are not young around here.

• Haha
Reactions: AngryKoala
Sounds 100% legit to me. I’d shake his hand and thank him for his service to this great nation.

This guy is just trying to bang your mother in law.

By the way pictures of the dear lady please or link to her MySpace needed for proper responses.

• Love
Reactions: Bigfatcock