• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lumpy33

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2007
SW,Michigan USA
I am looking at buying a Foxpro call for coyotes and fox hunting. I would like to hear from people what their experiences and recomedations on which model would be the best option.

Re: FoxPro Call

I have the scorpion and I love it. The remote is a plus but it will not reach out like they say unless it is line of sight. I usually run mine out about 30 to 50 yards and have no issues that way. I use mine for yotes during the daylight hours. In the past I have fox hunted for many years and find it best to take them after dark on a no moon night. The yotes are a blast. I give the foxpro a A++++ If you add a robotic decoy to the mix it ups the stakes even higher.

I hear the Fury is pretty good. I'm still saving up for it but should be able to get it by the end of the month.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lumpy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am looking at buying a Foxpro call for coyotes and fox hunting. I would like to hear from people what their experiences and recomedations on which model would be the best option. </div></div>

go here.... <span style="font-weight: bold">FX5 in action</span>....

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=896594&page=1

any questions.... ??

2008_contest_FOXPRO_2.JPG

I have the FX3 I like it.I dont think you can go wrong with any foxpro.There are some other brands that are cheaper and arent so good but your on the right track getting a foxpro.The only down side to the FX3 is you only get 32 sounds so if you would want more then that you will have to go with the FX5 Fury or scorpion.All and all the FX3 works great for me I bought good rechargeable batteries for it they last along time.Did hear some bad reviews about the battery pack for them that they were melting down but they might have that fixed.

Thanks guys that is the info I was looking for I will make the run to Cablas this weekend and see if I can get fx5 or the scorpion.

Lumpy, I'd order direct from Foxpro, that way you could put what sounds you want on your caller.

I'm very impressed with my FX5.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lumpy, I'd order direct from Foxpro, that way you could put what sounds you want on your caller.
</div></div>

Allpredatorcalls.com also does that for you.

going for the Fury this week if i can find someone that has one in stock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lumpy, I'd order direct from Foxpro, that way you could put what sounds you want on your caller.

I'm very impressed with my FX5. </div></div>

You should come up here to Ionia County, and show me how to hunt Coyotes. I have been trying for 2 years, and still have not seen one. I see tracks all over hell, I can hear them at night, but just can not call them in with my hand held calls. That FX5 is all the rage, I hear, and if anything will get them coming, that would be it. Think about it.

My buddy and I recently started coyote hunting. We tried with hand calls and did not do well at all. The ones we called in would stay in the brush so we could not get a shot at them.

We were about to give up on it and then I bought a FoxPro OCC (Open Country Call) that has the built in Jack-n-Box.....WOW! Night and day difference. We now have a 90% call in rate.

See my thread here: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=936474#Post936474

With the decoy the yotes just fix on it and never seem to look around at all....just head right for the call.

If you buy one you will be happy with it. Call and talk with the guys at all: http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/

They will help you out and give you some pointers.

Take care,Stan

PS...here is what the OCC looks like:

I've got the FX3 and absolutely love it. The Scorpion is nice and compact, just not as loud. I think the Fury or FX5 is the way to go if you can afford them, FX3 is still good if not. Customer service is awesome with Foxpro. +1 for getting it from All Predator Calls. I got a free subscription to Predator Extreme Magazine with mine and got advise on the calls to load on mine as well as getting the chance to customize it to my environment and targeted game.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cplhollandusmc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anyone tried the primos randy anderson electronic call </div></div>

Do some searches on those calls. They do not seem like very good quality from what I read on the web about actual users of them.

Take care,Stan

what about a Foxpro Scorpion? I'm thinking about getting it but i'm not sure if its loud enough.

P.S. Sorry about high jacking the thread.

Thanks.

You can run an external speaker with the Scorpion if it isn't loud enough. After owning an FX3 and using a Scorpion, I think the Fury or FX5 would be my preference if in my budget. Lots of sound storage and great volume with a little more bulk. The FX5 or fury would probably pack better than a Scorpion with external speakers and more wires. If you're calling short range or hunting in the woods, Scorpion alone would be just fine. The TX200 remote is the bomb, have not held the new Fury remote, looks a little big to me, maybe a little more user friendly though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we use mouth calls in combination with the e callers.

Verminator Tweety and Physco tweety are best for cats.

Primos lil dog howler is great too....

</div></div>

Just ordered tweety and Physco

Lumpy you have received some great advice here. PM me if there is anything more specific you would like to know about our callers. FOXPRO will be discontinuing the FX5 but as stated above it is a great caller as well. The Fury remote is much larger than the TX200 but it does have more features. Also for us old blind guys it is much easier to see the display. Sendero and ARCOREY are right on with their discriptions. The Scorpion is great if weight is an issue but it doesn't have the reach of the FX series or the Fury (as stated you can always add the speaker but then you lose the lower weight advantage). Again these guys are giving good info but feel free to PM me if you need more.

augnmike,
I saw many of the guys here commented that they had the FX3 and wished they had gone with the FX5, I just checked your website and saw it no longer lists the fx3 upgrade to fx5 conversion or the TX200 foxbang/foxfade conversion. Are you guys discontinuing upgrades of the fx series??? I was planning to ship mine off last winter and never got around to it. Am I screwed on getting the foxbang conversion for my FX5 since I waited, or can I still get this done?

Sent via Tapatalk. More than likely from work, since it seems that's all I ever do anymore. This site is my solstice when I'm not hunting or shooting

Sledge1,
I'm not sure how I even stumbled on this thread, I didn't realize how old it was until about 2 seconds after I hit the reply button. I wondered how long until someone else noticed too!

Sent via Tapatalk. More than likely from work, since it seems that's all I ever do anymore. This site is my solstice when I'm not hunting or shooting