• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FPFRussia gets raided by Feds.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Why don't these clowns just quit harassing folks?

FPSRussia is one of the most well known Youtube channels on Youtube.

Georgia native Kyle Myers speaks with a Russian accent and demonstrates using some of rarest and most entertaining weapons on the planet.

Myers business partner was found murdered in his office back in January.

Police would not say if a 40+ officer raid on the actor’s home was in connection to that murder.

Authorities said the search was for illegal explosives.

Myers often blows up cars, refrigerators, and other objects in his Youtube videos.

According to onlineathens.com, Federal agents, accompanied by Georgia Bureau of Investigation agents and deputies with the sheriff’s offices in Franklin and Hart counties, raided the Royston residence of Myers. Authorities also raided on Tuesday the 60-acre farm of Lamar Myers, Kyle’s father, in Lavonia.

From 921wlhr.com:

According to Franklin County Sheriff Stevie Thomas, federal investigators descended on Carnesville and Hart County Wednesday with warrants.

“On March 25th we were notified by agents with the ATF in Atlanta that they would be executing two search warrants signed by a federal magistrates,” Thomas said. “One (warrant) in Franklin County and one Hart County. I notified the Hart County Sheriff and at 9a Wednesday morning, our officers met with the ATF agents at the Franklin County location.”

“They were conducting an investigation regarding the explosives the pair were using on their You Tube show,” Cleveland said. “They were blowing up cars and other things in Hart County on their farm. Agents were looking for explosives or anything connected to explosives that would have put them in violation of federal law.”

“The way I understand it they were using Tannerite. It’s legal up to a certain amount and agents were looking for any violations of federal guidelines,” Cleveland said.

No arrests were made and authorities did not say if any explosives were found.

The FPSRussia Youtube channel has over 3.4 million subscribers, is one of the largest channels on Youtube and is the largest gun related channel on Youtube. Myers has been in several Call of Duty video game commercials and promotions as well.

Hard to defend the guy IF hes somehow tied to his partners murder. I DO agree with the harassment by feds. But I think (At this time) the investigation might be justified. Of course I don't know ANY more info than what was just posted, so Im keeping an open mind on this one.

The guy is very entertaining and I enjoy his videos but with some of the shit he does, he brings a lot of attention to himself. Hope it works out for him.

The guy is very entertaining and I enjoy his videos but with some of the shit he does, he brings a lot of attention to himself. Hope it works out for him.

I wonder how he lasted this long?

He's an responsible NUT. But I still like him.

fixed it

Sounds like they were fishing without real P.C.

PC was from what Slap said above...brought it on himself....not that its right. Having your business partner show up dead probably didn't help

It was unbelievable timing that his business partner and Noveske both lost their lives within a week or so apart.....everything surrounding the situations is unfortunate and sad. FPS's videos have gone downhill entertainment wise ever since. I really hope he's in the clear, because our media would run like mad lunatics to the masses with this trying to push regulation.

This has become so fucking sad and it just keeps getting worse and worse. Why cant these fucks leave people alone and let us blow shit up in peace.

This has become so fucking sad and it just keeps getting worse and worse. Why cant these fucks leave people alone and let us blow shit up in peace.

That day will come, unfortunately much sooner than these sorry motherfuckers that have wrecked this country think.

I played with shit a lot more powerful than Tannerrite before I was able to get my small game license, and have all my hands and feet.

But that was when this country was a little more free than now, and kids could still ride a fucking bicycle without a silly ass helmet, except of course for the one retarded kid in town that wore an old hand me down punter's helmet.

I miss that kid, he was a fuck of lot smarter than the sorry fuckin judge that signed the warrant these guys were toting.

This shit is sinking fast, and people just don't have a clue as to just how fucked this country is when having fun on you-tube is some sort of federal case.

sean

Sounds like they are just looking to fry someone with these "legal raids"

They are grasping at straws trying to get that last big "push" to help the nut bag laws they are trying to pass.

and kids could still ride a fucking bicycle without a silly ass helmet

sean

I have often wondered this same exact thing...a lot. When the hell was it decided that its "Unsafe" to ride a bike without a helmet?

Tis mighty strange dudes cohort was killed and then he gets raided....mighty strange. Prolly just nothing though, I'm sure of it.

My 5 year old girl's entire face was saved by a stupid bicycle helmet, thank you.

I have often wondered this same exact thing...a lot. When the hell was it decided that its "Unsafe" to ride a bike without a helmet?

When the hell was it decided that it was "unsafe" to live your life day to day without a gun?

Do you really wonder this? Maybe it's when kids started showing up in ERs across the country with traumatic brain injuries due to relatively simple falls off bicycles. Not to mention getting struck by vehicles. I've seen first hand what can happen to the human head when it's subjected to blunt force.

I see it as another layer of protection for your kids.

When the hell was it decided that it was "unsafe" to live your life day to day without a gun?

Do you really wonder this? Maybe it's when kids started showing up in ERs across the country with traumatic brain injuries due to relatively simple falls off bicycles. Not to mention getting struck by vehicles. I've seen first hand what can happen to the human head when it's subjected to blunt force.

When your redcoats came across the ocean. When people fail to educate their children about the possibilities, and consequences of injury, will there be pain, and traumatic injury. Vehicles are another story, as 66% of vehicular fatalities are caused by 'sober' drivers... Maybe we should ban driving, sobriety, or maybe it's sober drivers!? or is it that we should make people responsible for their actions, instead of blaming simple devices which are used everyday in common life? If you cannot ride a bicycle by age 7 without a helmet, and without injury, no helmet is going to save you against any malady that comes your way while on a bicycle, and you are fucking delusional if you think otherwise...

Childs helmet a very good example. For some there is no difference from having your own kid wear a helmet vs telling all the neighbors to make their own kids wear helmets and in the extreme writing a nation wide law demanding all parents to make their kids wear helmets. Now apply this thinking to /insert your favorite hobby/item/pasttime/anyareaoflife/ and what do you get?

The only difference is some think they are better than the worst commie fuck that walked the planet but the fact is they're exactly the same only their power and circumstances are different. So while sometimes your motto was that in every human on the planet there is american just waiting to jump out (and we will help with $ or guns) we can easily say that in many americans there is Pol Pot just waiting to jump out (and there is no need for anything as you're doing a fine job of liberating inner communist).

Back to the original story:

I would like to see the rest of the story behind this. Where I work, if I went and tried to get a warrant to search a house/farm and the only reasoning or PC was because I have seen him blow stuff up online, I would get laughed at. If he had anything that needed to be registered or that was regulated by the BATF then they could have checked their records to see if everything was up to their standards (not that he couldn't have been shooting or using something that was legaly owned by someone else that was standing just off camera). But to execute a search warrant based off of "I think that he has illegal explosives" sounds a little strange. I'm thinking there is a lot more to this that we are seeing/hearing right now.

If you feel the need to blow stuff up, get the proper permits, or simply don't put it on the net for the world to see. Don't know if the ATF was wright or wrong, what I do know is that if you blow stuff up, put it on the net for everyone to watch, you'll get the attention you don't want.

Some of us older gents have been here before - The Clinton years, all though not quite this bad, brought you items like Ruby Ridge and Waco incidents under an Attorney General Janet Reno, who looks a lot like and acts like Janet Napolitano - DHS. When these type of administrations get into power this is their nature - almost seems the same things are the hot button topics - health care and gun control... The 2014 elections are going to be so important and pivotal to if all these issues get passed or are get stuck in the legislative branch. If the mid-terms turn out badly for our side than woe the last two years of power grab. It is going to get exciting. Raids like these are normal happenstance for the administrations theory on why the population should not be armed. Buckle up - it is just getting started. Demonization is the first step to victimizing your enemy...do you feel as victims yet?

Last edited:
    If you cannot ride a bicycle by age 7 without a helmet, and without injury, no helmet is going to save you against any malady that comes your way while on a bicycle, and you are fucking delusional if you think otherwise...

Probably one of the dumbest things I've read in a good while. You sir should not procreate by any means as it would further degrade the gene pool.

Probably one of the dumbest things I've read in a good while. You sir should not procreate by any means as it would further degrade the gene pool.

Come on now... Seriously, while it's any parent's right to decide that their child should wear a helmet, the end of the world is unlikely without one. As a kid, we'd ride full speed at each other playing chicken... and there were times when I was stupid enough to ride full speed towards someone as foolishly brave as I was. Yes, we wrecked hard, and more than once. My face was never damaged and the brain damage only appears to be minor to this day. ;)

I wouldn't be the same without those experiences, nor do I want to raise children (or have been raised myself) in a world where the government creates an environment that guarantees my safety and the safety of my family from all potential perils. I don't want to live in a perfect utopia where there are no challenges and freedom has been stripped in the name of my personal safety.

Come on now... Seriously, while it's any parent's right to decide that their child should wear a helmet, the end of the world is unlikely without one. As a kid, we'd ride full speed at each other playing chicken... and there were times when I was stupid enough to ride full speed towards someone as foolishly brave as I was. Yes, we wrecked hard, and more than once. My face was never damaged and the brain damage only appears to be minor to this day. ;)

I wouldn't be the same without those experiences, nor do I want to raise children (or have been raised myself) in a world where the government creates an environment that guarantees my safety and the safety of my family from all potential perils. I don't want to live in a perfect utopia where there are no challenges and freedom has been stripped in the name of my personal safety.

Seatbelts save lives.

Reading this thread, I am reminded of some recent classes, where the amount of tactic questions have risen 10 fold. Guess many have finely came to believe the next step-up is just around the corner, and have decided that not going with the program is their best long term option. Thanks to the net more and more are saying no, and taking matters into their own hands for the coming American Spring.
    That bucket of Perception that has been so stable is now leaking ever faster, everyday.

When the rule of law is truly about Right and Wrong instead of Control an Money,...
    Perception and Reality are going to collide, at the rope.

Wonder if it will be a Grand Opening type of premier, or Where did he go/what happened type?

I'm not disputing the fact that we live in a country that has an intrusive government that likes to overregulate. My comments were simply addressing his opinion on helmets hence why I specifically quoted him on that.

Why am I not surprised?

Tell me exactly where the line is between the state telling you what to do , how, to do it and when with your own body and that of your child's?
    Before you start to condescend and wax stupid, take my comments in context, exactly as I asked them . Aside from reckless endangerment to a child or someone else "with my body", where does the state have the right?

They do not have the right to tell me I must wear a seatbelt, nor that I must strap in my child or compel me to force my children to wear a helmet- Period. While some of theses things "could" be construed as "common sense" perhaps , none of them are issues which is the states business, because the occurrence of each never impinges upon the rights or liberties of anyone except for me or my children- by the state.

As indoctrinated and jaded as you are, even you would have to admit that as kids, I, nor you most likely ever wore a helmet or a seatbelt for that matter. Thus, like the vast majority of kiddos that grew up in the 60's , 70's and early 80's we nor many of our friends suffered damaging injuries. Most kids would jump ramps on bikes or skateboards and ride , in the front seat standing up with our parents. All in cars that were much less safe than those of today.

In essence your comments allude to an event that may or may not happen- on a regular basis and thus must be regulated by the state. What is next? Thought crime perhaps? what about the potential to commit a crime?

THen we have the additives/insert bullshit that is in vaccines, genetically modified food stuffs with HFcorn syrup, msg or Aspartame all of which carry heavy metals or cannot be synthesized properly by or through the digestive system thereby creating an environment for disease etc ad nauseum. All of which is authorized if not protected by the government and incredibly detrimental to the lives of children and Americans on the whole. What I state is no conspiracy, but Documented Fact. Check it out yourself. There are several conundrums in many areas wherein we could discuss but my point is simple. Where is the line?

So answer directly. Why does the state have the right to tell me what to do in these instances and where is the line drawn? The answer for me is obvious. "They" do not, yet it is a simple matter of indoctrination in order to control and teach obedience, nothing more.

I'm certain your answer will be entertaining.

Then we can parlay this entire discussion about Guns, Ammunition amounts and Magazine capacity in relation to the nature, inclination or belief system of a certain individual or type of individual. Which incidentally is exactly where things are headed.

Last edited:
    Why am I not surprised?

Tell me exactly where the line is between the state telling you what to do , how, to do it and when with your own body and that of your child's?
    Before you start to condescend and wax stupid, take my comments in context, exactly as I asked them . Aside from reckless endangerment to a child or someone else "with my body", where does the state have the right?

They do not have the right to tell me I must wear a seatbelt, nor that I must strap in my child or compel me to force my children to wear a helmet- Period. While some of theses things "could" be construed as "common sense" perhaps , none of them are issues which is the states business, because the occurrence of each never impinges upon the rights or liberties of anyone except for me or my children- by the state.

As indoctrinated and jaded as you are, even you would have to admit that as kids, I, nor you most likely ever wore a helmet or a seatbelt for that matter. Thus, like the vast majority of kiddos that grew up in the 60's , 70's and early 80's we nor many of our friends suffered damaging injuries. Most kids would jump ramps on bikes or skateboards and ride , in the front seat standing up with our parents. All in cars that were much less safe than those of today.

In essence your comments allude to an event that may or may not happen- on a regular basis and thus must be regulated by the state. What is next? Thought crime perhaps? what about the potential to commit a crime?

THen we have the additives/insert bullshit that is in vaccines, genetically modified food stuffs with HFcorn syrup, msg or Aspartame all of which carry heavy metals or cannot be synthesized properly by or through the digestive system thereby creating an environment for disease etc ad nauseum. All of which is authorized if not protected by the government and incredibly detrimental to the lives of children and Americans on the whole. What I state is no conspiracy, but Documented Fact. Check it out yourself. There are several conundrums in many areas wherein we could discuss but my point is simple. Where is the line?

So answer directly. Why does the state have the right to tell me what to do in these instances and where is the line drawn? The answer for me is obvious. "They" do not, yet it is a simple matter of indoctrination in order to control and teach obedience, nothing more.

I'm certain your answer will be entertaining.

Then we can parlay this entire discussion about Guns, Ammunition amounts and Magazine capacity in relation to the nature, inclination or belief system of a certain individual or type of individual. Which incidentally is exactly where things are headed.

I'm not surprised either at your lack of reading comprehension. If you actually read my posts instead of just glancing at the screen name of the poster and then inferring what it is you THINK I'm saying or trying to convey, you'd save yourself a lot of time. I never said that I agree that anyone should tell you what to do with your body or your kids for that matter. I could care less what you do. I've never enforced a helmet ordinance, hell I barely write any tags to begin with. The only thing I was disputing was one posters claims that helmets do nothing to help a child when they have an accident on a bicycle because that is just being "fucking delusional"'. I disagree because I've seen the results with my own eyes.

You're right, I never really wore one as kid and I was lucky, others are not so much. You lost me at vaccines, figured since you were going off on a tangent it wasn't worth my time. If you want to continue this show me where I advocate for government control of anything in this thread.

Some of you seem to think that you live in a world where you can do whatever the fuck you want without there being any repercussions. Let what happened to this dude be a reality check. I love playing with guns, Tannerite and other toys as much as anyone here and I do my fair share. I'm just aware of the limitations and I'm not stupid enough to broadcast to everyone what I know will bring me unwanted attention. Like I said originally, I enjoy this guys videos and antics but its guys like him that need to be in front of a camera showcasing their shenanigans for everyone to see that are going to fuck it up for the rest of us. Soon Tannerite will be banned and it will be the fault of guys like this.

I see it as a slippery slope. In most states seatbelts are required. Why?...because they are proven to save lives, just like airbags. Frankly I don't care if you ram you car into a concrete pole at 120mph...if your that stupid, go for it. The unfortunate part is if you do that, someone has to scrape you up, and you cause the insurance for all the rest of us to go up. Do you rally have the right to expose your children to your own stupidity...I think the state does have the right to force you to protect THEM because they don't have the faculties to make a wise choice for themselves.

The down side is that the same reasoning can be applied to Mayor Bumbag and his attempt to deny huge soft drinks...where do we draw the lines. Thats what makes it interesting.

As far as Kyle and FPF Russia, your right on, Slap.

but its guys like him that need to be in front of a camera showcasing their shenanigans for everyone to see that are going to fuck it up for the rest of us. Soon Tannerite will be banned and it will be the fault of guys like this.

?????????? Just like if some person uses a gun to kill someone guns will be banned because of that person? It's your own fault for letting them take your liberty away not what other people do. I disagree with slap all the way.

I'm not surprised either at your lack of reading comprehension. If you actually read my posts instead of just glancing at the screen name of the poster and then inferring what it is you THINK I'm saying or trying to convey, you'd save yourself a lot of time. I never said that I agree that anyone should tell you what to do with your body or your kids for that matter. I could care less what you do. I've never enforced a helmet ordinance, hell I barely write any tags to begin with. The only thing I was disputing was one posters claims that helmets do nothing to help a child when they have an accident on a bicycle because that is just being "fucking delusional"'. I disagree because I've seen the results with my own eyes.

You're right, I never really wore one as kid and I was lucky, others are not so much. You lost me at vaccines, figured since you were going off on a tangent it wasn't worth my time. If you want to continue this show me where I advocate for government control of anything in this thread.

Some of you seem to think that you live in a world where you can do whatever the fuck you want without there being any repercussions. Let what happened to this dude be a reality check. I love playing with guns, Tannerite and other toys as much as anyone here and I do my fair share. I'm just aware of the limitations and I'm not stupid enough to broadcast to everyone what I know will bring me unwanted attention. Like I said originally, I enjoy this guys videos and antics but its guys like him that need to be in front of a camera showcasing their shenanigans for everyone to see that are going to fuck it up for the rest of us. Soon Tannerite will be banned and it will be the fault of guys like this.

Your arrogance and presumption are your first mistakes . Your penchant for condescension is truly amazing which is why you and your leader Bloomberg whom you most likely love, give any authority figure a bad name. No one- with any brains thinks you can do anything you want without consequences, so stop the paltry attempts a t validating whatever weak point your were attempting to make. Which by the way was not only disjointed but conflicting. Therefore I asked the question.

In one breath you state:

"I'm not disputing the fact that we live in a country that has an intrusive government that likes to overregulate." While in the next breath you state:

"I see it as another layer of protection for your kids. "

While I understand what you think you are conveying, I also know what I've read from your arrogant ass in other threads where you believe in subjugating others to conform to your stupid logic as If you have any stroke here.
    So I'll ask you again knowing entirely what you conveyed and in the context you conveyed it. Believe me dude, it is not some rare point of erudition you are trying to make.

Where is the line? Does the state have the authority - Constitutionally speaking, to tell us what do with our children, how to raise them , strap them in, helmet them ad nauseum?

Incidentally- in terms of vaccines and GMO ingredients in food- Have you noticed the rise and frequency in autism? Childhood Obesity perhaps? What about children simply dropping dead from over exertion? All of this is directly related to the garbage in water , air and over medications. No joke, no rant , no conspiracy. I am going to guess you and I are in roughly the same age group @ 35-45 . When we were kids we would practice in intense heat, work, play all day and have no adverse effects. THat is not true any longer. So the denominator needs to be determined.

MY POINT -that sailed miles over your head- IF the .gov were truly concerned about ............"the children"......... they would get to the more insidious issues as opposed to vehicles of control.

Which is it?

Last edited:
    Slippery slope indeed. Forgive me IF I vehemently disagree with your allowance of the .gov to liberally preside over the facilitation of child safety and how we should raise them. It is not only a presumptuous mind set, but it sets a dangerous precedent- or slope if you prefer that we have already started to slide down.

Where is the Line?

Your point about .gov control presumes that the .gov actually knows better and therefore cares more for ........."the children".....ours, than we do. Really? While there are a lot of idiots out there, most parents are quite protective of their kiddos- more so than any .gov bureaucrat or agent does. Or do you disagree?

Seat belts? Ok why not wear one on a motorcycle? Why not a helmet? I ride a motorcycle btw... Believe me you can fall off of a cycle much easier than being thrown out of the car. The point is failed.

FPF Russia- I do not have a problem with the investigation. While the raid "may have been a bit heavy handed- maybe, there was a murder, and it appears they felt they had probable cause. Simple as that.

So now that we see kids showing up in ERs with gun injuries you favour a federal ban on children coming in contact with guns? You know, as another layer of protection for your kids. Or are you just pulling his leg? Or maybe kids should wear body armor?

Last edited:
    ?????????? Just like if some person uses a gun to kill someone guns will be banned because of that person? It's your own fault for letting them take your liberty away not what other people do. I disagree with slap all the way.

Isn't that where we're headed already? You can disagree with me all you want but the fact of the matter remains. He wanted attention and he got it, just not the kind he was looking for.

So now that we see kids showing up in ERs with gun injuries you favour a federal ban on children coming in contact with guns? You know, as another layer of protection for your kids. Or are you just pulling his leg? Or maybe kids should wear body armor?

This is just stupid and makes no sense with anything being discussed?

In one breath you state:

"I'm not disputing the fact that we live in a country that has an intrusive government that likes to overregulate." While in the next breath you state:

"I see it as another layer of protection for your kids. "

Dude are you really this dumb and obtuse? I'm not talking as an agent of the government. I'm here giving my own personal opinion on a simple matter and you need to trivialize it and take it out of context in order to spew, pontificate and further some agenda. Put all your bullshit politics aside, do you NOT think that your kid benefits from wearing a helmet when riding a bicycle, skateboard, ATV or dirt bike? Or do you think that they are better off without one? This isn't about anyone telling you what you need to do or telling you whats good for you. I'm simply asking what YOU think is good for your children if you have any.

As far as your "where do we draw the line" question, It's irrelevant because my comments "which sailed miles above your head" were never about government control or regulation. I was merely disputing what another knucklehead wrote.

As far as people having or not having brains and still thinking that they can do what they please WITHOUT any consequences, get your head out of your ass. They're all around you, look no further than this thread. Some dumb fuck thought it was a good idea to load up a dump truck with 100lbs of ammonium nitrate and blow it the fuck up. He figured it was okay to do this. Ask him how he fared. Rights are lost not only via an overreaching government but also when people do stupid shit to exploit and abuse said rights. But alas, no one likes to man up and admit when they fuck up. It's always easier to blame someone else.

Slippery slope indeed. Forgive me IF I vehemently disagree with your allowance of the .gov to liberally preside over the facilitation of child safety and how we should raise them. It is not only a presumptuous mind set, but it sets a dangerous precedent- or slope if you prefer that we have already started to slide down.

Where is the Line?

Your point about .gov control presumes that the .gov actually knows better and therefore cares more for ........."the children".....ours, than we do. Really? While there are a lot of idiots out there, most parents are quite protective of their kiddos- more so than any .gov bureaucrat or agent does. Or do you disagree?

Seat belts? Ok why not wear one on a motorcycle? Why not a helmet? I ride a motorcycle btw... Believe me you can fall off of a cycle much easier than being thrown out of the car. The point is failed.

FPF Russia- I do not have a problem with the investigation. While the raid "may have been a bit heavy handed- maybe, there was a murder, and it appears they felt they had probable cause. Simple as that.

The only point that is failed here is you.

When I was growing up, my parents, upon slamming on the brakes, would fling their arm across the middle of the car to prevent whichever of us kids that had successfully conquered the coveted middle of the back seat, from flying through the windshield. Why do I mention this? I have no damned idea because it has nothing to do with the OP. :D

Neither did the whole helmet thing but that didn't stop anyone!

This is just stupid and makes no sense with anything being discussed?

You read the comments as saying helmets don't protect heads. I read them as complaining the federal government has outlawed kids riding without a helmet because you're incapable of figuring that out for yourself. If the couple of guys above seriously don't think helmets are protective, then I guess you have a point. But if their point was the world is dangerous and I don't need the government telling me how to protect my kids from it, I think you're missing something. More people drown in bathtubs every year than are killed by rifles. Once we, as a people, concede the government can tell us what we can and can not do and how we can and can not raise our kids if it helps in some way to protect them, we really have no argument even if the restrictions get ridiculous. For example, by saying it is federal law that your kids, or you and your kids, have to wear a life-vest in the tub. I read the guys above as saying we've already reached the ridiculous point -- and helmets on kids bicycling are but one example.

As for the FPSRussia kid, I've only seen a couple of vids and nothing with explosions. I have no idea if he killed someone or blew something up in a naughty or illegal way. But even my wife thought he was funny when he says "as always, have nice day" in his fake Russian accent. Maybe he'll use that in court -- I'm sure it will go far.

Rights are lost not only via an overreaching government but also when people do stupid shit to exploit and abuse said rights. But alas, no one likes to man up and admit when they fuck up. It's always easier to blame someone else.

And as Americans with no training in history whatsoever I'm sure a bunch of people will believe that.

Here's my problem with the whole thing, we forgot that this was once a country where as long as you didn't cross into someone else's domain, impede their ability to do their own thing, or injure or damage person or property that wasn't your own, you were pretty much free to do whatever you wanted.

I grew up in the Mormon church and was taught the story of the original families leaving Nauvoo and damn near walking, with hand carts(some had wagons, obviously), across the plains to the valley that is now Salt Lake City. I think it was about 1300 miles of just nearly hell, to go somewhere people wouldn't fuck with them for their religious beliefs, (as cult like as they seem to most folks that weren't indoctrinated by their families and neighbors like I was).

If I remember correctly, that was 1846-47.

Imagine along their way some shiny booted marshal on a well fed mustang approaches a horse drawn wagon, stuffed to the gills with the family and all their worldly goods, and that marshal decides that he needs to check on the 'welfare' of the children, the health of the horses, the condition of the wagon, and of course if the horse has the appropriate permits to travel across territorial lines, and the necessary exhaust control devices, hand rails, fall protection devices, of course we need to know if the wagon driver has completed a state ( oops territory) sponsored driving course, has his state ( shit I'm sorry, territory) weight and license information inside the cab of the wagon, has the appropriate endorsement on his license to operate a combination vehicle, has installed slow moving vehicle devices on the rear of the wagon, of course we would need to have said wagon operator step from the wagon and do silly acrobatic maneuvers on the side of the trail to be sure he had not imbibed in any drink or (at that time any way) legal mind altering substance before he operated said wagon upon a territorial trail way. And since said horse drawn combination has more than three axle groups, we need to see the operators log-book, health card, and pre and post trip inspections for the last seven days. Of course we need to get an accurate weight on the wagon to make sure we haven't violated any territorial trail weight limits also.

And yes that marshal would be required to have the children step out from the wagon, while he checks their height to determine if they need the booster seat and five point harness attachments for the wagon, while he asks both children if daddy has any guns in the wagon, and has he inappropriately touched either of them along the way.

What I'm getting at with my somewhat ridiculous story, is none of this shit happened, and yet my ancestors made it just fine, thank you, without any sort of help from the nanny state, not just none, but a shunning government and society basically kicked them out, and they ran across the plains to get the fuck away.

No seat belts, guard rails, stupid fucking bike helmets, and they were just fine.

Of course that kind of freedom is dangerous, because along that trail, your ill-conceived, poorly thought out plans would make your branch of the family tree into a stump. Right now. I personally want that country, and the freedom associated with it back, but I know that is a pipe dream.

We played with dynamite and caps in seventh grade, and no one gave a shit, bought bottle rockets by the gross when we went to Wyoming and made pipe launchers and shot them at our friends in the fields behind my house, no safety glasses, hard toed shoes, safety vests, or hard hats, just kids having fun. I rode my 175 Yamaha in the rocks in southeast Utah for six years before I owned a helmet, fuck no one wore helmets, and some folks got hurt. Cops followed us home after serious nights of drinking Wild Turkey from the bottle, and our punishment was having to poor out every beer and all the liquor we had left, I wasn't even legal to drink and we didn't get fucked with, we got an escort to the house and a firm warning to not be out again that night or there would be hell to pay.

That's how I learned to not get hurt in the industry I'm in, I took my bruises as a kid, and I found out that shit hurts, so I'm careful.

I don't wear a seat belt, in my Ford or in my Mack, nor will I ever, and telling me the results of other people's fuck ups would be like explaining the Challenger accident to Christa McAuliffe's son to try to dissuade him from joining the space program. I don't give a flying fuck what happens to other people, it's all a math game to me, numbers come up, and when it's mine I'm all set with that. Yes maybe someone has to scrape my ass off a road or out from under a bridge girder or CNC machine, but I've got that paid for, in property, state, and local sales taxes I've paid my entire life. And if you think that me putting on a seat belt, motorcycle helmet, or not having a cold beer on my drive home from work will lower your cost of insurance, you are just dreaming, get over it. Your insurance is a pool based risk scheme, mostly based on your history, not mine.

On a long enough time line the survival rate for everyone drops to zero. I'm fine with that, and I don't much care that some kid goes out and blows off some steam with a bang-bang. Who gives a shit if he puts in on you tube, how are you injured? What hurts on you? If he buys it, blows it up on his own personally owned property, WHY ON GOD'S EARTH ARE YOU ALL SO FUCKING SCARED?

Someone just please tell me who is the victim of this heinous crime, because I learned that crime involves person or property damage, most all else is civil in nature.

And that wouldn't required a fucking full on assault team, but I guess some folks are fine with that type of 'law enforcement'.

sean

And sorry about the helmet thing, it just came up the other day while watching grown men ride their bikes around the UofA, it occurred to me the fact about my special friend with the hand me down punter's helmet, of course we're all fairly old school at my work, no kids wanna work outside with us anymore, might get a melanoma or a heat stroke or some such shit I keep hearing about.

Last edited:
    I don't wear a seat belt, in my Ford or in my Mack, nor will I ever, and telling me the results of other people's fuck ups would be like explaining the Challenger accident to Christa McAuliffe's son to try to dissuade him from joining the space program. I don't give a flying fuck what happens to other people, it's all a math game to me, numbers come up, and when it's mine I'm all set with that. Yes maybe someone has to scrape my ass off a road or out from under a bridge girder or CNC machine, but I've got that paid for, in property, state, and local sales taxes I've paid my entire life. And if you think that me putting on a seat belt, motorcycle helmet, or not having a cold beer on my drive home from work will lower your cost of insurance, you are just dreaming, get over it. Your insurance is a pool based risk scheme, mostly based on your history, not mine.

On a long enough time line the survival rate for everyone drops to zero. I'm fine with that, and I don't much care that some kid goes out and blows off some steam with a bang-bang. Who gives a shit if he puts in on you tube, how are you injured? What hurts on you? If he buys it, blows it up on his own personally owned property, WHY ON GOD'S EARTH ARE YOU ALL SO FUCKING SCARED?

Well said... Are we related or something, I've been thinking the same damn thing!

Hofhine1: How simple it is for some ain't it. The clarity of what is right and not and what is wrong with current picture. Well put sir!

Unfortunately for some they are beyond salvation stuck in endless loop of darkness and fog, biting and reacting to anything they are able to perceive with their feeble mind and at the same time so arrogant and self righteous.

Fear is the mind killer indeed.

There are always assholes who think they know whats best for every one. The fact is in those fucks that need/want the protection, are the same fucks who are bringing down this country.

Some day ones perception is going to meet Mister Reality. Odd how one guy, had a whole force so scared they were shooting up Grandmothers, then only after he was "Confirmed" dead did they revert to big and bad again.

FYI, some insurance companys have been dropping policy's like fly's and the remaining holders have been getting major premium reductions. Happy camper here. Home and rides went way down while coverage went up. Guess enough of us bitched long enough, those who have issues all the time, live in prone areas, or like to burn their homes for the mortgage pay off, now make another list. Want the addy along the coast your going to pay out the ass for coverage, the way it should have been all along.

I've always said those that game any system need bitched slapped, looks like my wish is coming thru.
    No ins, no plates,
    No ins, no mortgage,
    bad credit, you get to live in public housing.

The problem with society today and wether it is because of the socialized brainwashing of the government or not is that there are just a lot of really stupid people. These stupid people don't want to be responsible for themselves, they want somebody to take care of them. They want there check and housing and Obama phone so they don't have to be responsible adults. But when these stupid people start doing stupid stuff the government steps in to save them. You don't want to wear a seatbelt? Fine. Don't want to be told to wear a helmet? Fine. Want to smoke crack? Fine. Let natural selection take its course. That is the real problem back in the day being stupid got you dead. Now the government has to save them from themselves. Once read an article about the earths population. It said we have the high population numbers because we don't have world wars and plagues and things like that to reduce the herd. I think it is because we are protecting the weak links and the weak links are producing more weak links. And of course the government isn't going to let a good reason to take more control go to waste. But unfortunately for the rest of us that are responsible and don't want to be told how to live have to suffer. Rant off.

There are so many valid points, views, and philosophies here in this thread. Thank you guys, it's somewhat refreshing to hear the like-minded direction of others.

Up to now, I've been thinking about loading up my wagon, and heading off into the hills.

Dude are you really this dumb and obtuse? I'm not talking as an agent of the government. I'm here giving my own personal opinion on a simple matter and you need to trivialize it and take it out of context in order to spew, pontificate and further some agenda. Put all your bullshit politics aside, do you NOT think that your kid benefits from wearing a helmet when riding a bicycle, skateboard, ATV or dirt bike? Or do you think that they are better off without one? This isn't about anyone telling you what you need to do or telling you whats good for you. I'm simply asking what YOU think is good for your children if you have any.

As far as your "where do we draw the line" question, It's irrelevant because my comments "which sailed miles above your head" were never about government control or regulation. I was merely disputing what another knucklehead wrote.

As far as people having or not having brains and still thinking that they can do what they please WITHOUT any consequences, get your head out of your ass. They're all around you, look no further than this thread. Some dumb fuck thought it was a good idea to load up a dump truck with 100lbs of ammonium nitrate and blow it the fuck up. He figured it was okay to do this. Ask him how he fared. Rights are lost not only via an overreaching government but also when people do stupid shit to exploit and abuse said rights. But alas, no one likes to man up and admit when they fuck up. It's always easier to blame someone else.

Clearly neither. You place parameters and inject implications onto my response that just isn't there dude. I asked a simple question which you refuse to answer. Your point about a "good idea" does not equate to the necessity of law and a direct violation of my Right. In other words it is an intrusion of liberty by a nanny state that by your own admission is and continues to grossly over step it's bounds. Yet just by virtue of your language you are so indoctrinated into the system you cannot see it.

Choices do have consequences. Yet some of those choices are not justifiable reason for the state to legislate on-Period. It is refreshing to hear you state you are not responding as an agent of the state , though your response is one that smacks of authoritarianism which places people on the defensive. So they automatically feel compelled to account for their actions. Ultimately under the true Law of the Land there are many things that those who were once "servants" as opposed to "officials" have no jurisdiction or say. In other words it is none of their business. Unfortunately, they make it their business under "color of law" and the sheep willingly comply while others blindly enforce it. Hence as a society we have "evolved" into a distopic state that requires for permission for everything. In other words the state knows best and does our thinking for us. Consider it a fearful master granting liberty to the slave.

Government is like fire. A dangerous servant or a fearful master- George Washington.

No one is going to care for my children like I or my wife. Certainly no dipshit bureaucrat or enforcement arm. That is not their intent in the first place. In other words in counter to your tag line, I don't need a damn sheep dog. I am the sheep dog and predator for my family when it comes to some hyena bent on harm- in any form. Beside that , it is through mistakes that we learn the best lessons at times. Ultimately, there is no amount of rationale or argument I can present to you if you won't get it. I will ask you once more as a man, husband , father,

Does the state have the right to legislate bicycle helmets and seat belts?

IF so why not legislate everything from clothes, to food, language and other behavours?

Where is the line?

Finally, to further enunciate the points I am making read hofhines response. He characterizes the plight brilliantly.

EDIT: FPF Russia- This individual wanted attention and he got it. I have little sympathy for him frankly. As stated he has some form of association with a murder case and it seems apparent that there was some justifiable reason to investigate him.

Last edited:
    You don't want to wear a seatbelt? Fine. Don't want to be told to wear a helmet? Fine. Want to smoke crack? Fine. Let natural selection take its course. That is the real problem back in the day being stupid got you dead. Rant off.

Ding. Ding.Ding.

We have a winner.....

Back in the day, stupid got you dead, now it's rewarded.

Sorry, but that's the country we populate.

The FPFRussia guy wasn't stupid at all, therefore he is not dead, because he probably was fairly careful with shit that goes boom.

But locally, (here in Tucson, yes the desert, yes, it's dry, yes there are no rivers or springs) the kids that went hiking with one, yes one, bottle of water that the DPS helicopter went to get from off the side of the mountain, they are alive, the taxpayers are happy to pay the bill, and Darwin has been relegated to the scrapheap of history.

Kids now go to Ivy league schools and marry other kids from Ivy league schools and have zero kids, while here in town kids too dumb to get out of eighth grade english fuck around and get fifteen year old white trash girls pregnant, have four more kids and never contribute to society at all, and we think there's hope for this once great country?

The gene pool is a fuckin mud bath, there's not really a bunch of hope for me.

sean

It's gotten ludicrous, and I think we're near ridiculous speed.

The guy is on 60 acres of land, in Georgia, that belong to his family. I'm sure that he's taken safety into account, as it is his butt, and also whoever is with him. Also there is the video of him shooting an anti-aircraft gun, but it's pointed into the ground, and not into the sky, not to say at the very least that he hasn't advocated firearms safety in just about all of his videos.

All the explosions are mainly pyrotechnics, and with the exception of one that looked like it's effect was accidentally large, all of them have looked like nothing more than the atypical, Hollywood, explosive fireball.

The real thing I'm wondering is if someone called the feds on him. Imagine that if you will. Someone ratting a guy out for shooting his own guns, on his own land.

Shades of tyranny.

Shades of Nazi Germany, when families called the Gestapo to report other families, because they did like the look of someone else's face, one lady calling them up because her boyfriend left her and went to another woman so she wants revenge on both of them.

Shades of Stalinist Russia, when sons called the police on their fathers for not supporting Stalin with all their heart. Mothers sent to the gulag because their daughters sensed that they didn't find Stalin handsome enough.

Petty bullshit that turned into death sentences.

Write your Reps. This guy had his 2nd Amendment rights violated, and he's one of the biggest, and best proponents of the 2nd Amendment we have.

Under intense Congressional scrutiny, we'll see the real truth in this story.