• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Franchi momentum

Tylerjshaw77

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2022
Champaign illinois
My recent purchase of a franchi momentum in 350 legend has left me with a few questions. Before I begin, I live in a straight wall state!!!!!!! I chose the franchi because it was available. TRUST ME I wanted to build a 700 in 350legend from a SA receiver, couldn’t ever find one for under $500.

The gun shoots well,for what it is. I’m wanting a little more out of it. So here’s the basics. As you can see it has bedding lugs instead of a recoil lug. I cannot find a smith willing to glassbed let alone pillarbed. I understand it would be a difficult task and net marginal yields, but I’m attempting to gain some improvement. I’ve recently had a 1 piece rail bedded ontop of the receiver, and lapped scope rings. There is currently a 419hellfire brake on it, did not hinder grouping at all.

Any suggestions as to what can be done to actions that are like this, and or the gun as a whole?

Attachments

• A70CC31C-EA7A-41AD-BE58-85113F3623F5.jpeg
    A70CC31C-EA7A-41AD-BE58-85113F3623F5.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 69