• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Frank Green Bartlein Barrels Interview

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    First podcast with Frank Green on the phone and I think we knocked this one out of the park.

Enjoy, and dont forget to share and comment

Good to know Bartlein barrels are still manufacturing barrels. Currently waiting for an order I placed in January. I really like the quality of the Bartlein barrels.

Reactions: Frank Green
    Good interview.

Looking forward to y’all a next interview on cleaning and barrel break in. Seems to be topics beat to death with lots of different opinions on here. Would be good to hear some information from somebody like Frank

Wow Frank,
    That was an absolutely fantastic interview. Lots of really good info. Thank you.

Nice discussion on button barreled vs rifle cut. This would bring up the next question: Savage rifles are known to be very accurate, especially from a production rifle. As far as I know they are button barreled. This question may be better directed to Savage. How do they get such accuracy from their button barrels?

Thanks again

No one said a button rifle barrel wouldn’t shoot. He merely stated that with a less then optimal blank a button tends to struggle more with the inconsistent hardness.

Interviews like this are great resources. We have to keep the context in mind. The discussion was about the quality of the blank and a note about one method over another. It was not, in my opinion saying that a button rifled barrel wasn’t accurate.

I thought the discussion about the accuracy degradation for fluted barrels for certain calibers and wall thicknesses was interesting. It had me wondering if anyone had ever investigated what was going on analytically. I wonder if there is a steep reduction in the stiffness or natural frequency of the barrel when you take that extra material away.

Reactions: opeagle
    Nice discussion.
    I’m contemplating trying a 30+” gain twist 7 saum.
    heavy Palma of course because I’ll like that profile.

5R gain twist might be the ticket for the 180 ELdm.