• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Frankford Arsenal Brass Cleaning Packs--My Experience

TF160 Guy

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Virginia on the Lake
    Never really gotten good clean sparkly brass that everyone talked about with my mix of liquid soap and Lemi Shine in a Thumlers Tumbler with stainless steel pins. Just couldn't get the recipe right. Brass so so shiny and would darken within a few hours while drying.

Recent trip to Bass Pro and found Frankford Arsenal Brass Cleaning Packs ($22.00 for 24 packets). Never heard of them before and since I had a gift card I reluctantly bought some.

Same tumber about 150 pieces of some .308 and .223. The .308 relatively clean and the .223 really dirty-blow back from suppressor dirty.

Tumble for 3 1/2 hours in cold water and one packet.

Brass came out the cleanest I have ever gotten out of this tumber and stayed bright after drying in the sun.

I'm sold :) (y)

IMG_4893 - Copy.JPG ........IMG_4892 - Copy.JPG

Just the packet and cold water? No steel pins? What’s the inside and primer pockets look like?

1 gallon of water, one tablespoon of Palmolive Original, one quarter teaspoon of Lemishine. Total cost 5 cents.

Do you have hard water where you live? Because it originally was hot water and one tablespoon of your choice of dish detergent. The original guy recommended Dawn but he said it didn’t matter. From what I understand the lemishine was to help with hard water. I bought some and it never helped make my brass look any better. But then again I don’t have hard water in my area.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
    On a well and I have hard water and then put in a softner. Did the 1 gallon, tablespoon, and tspn kabukie dance. Any way I tried it my brass wasn't shiny.
    May cost a little more, but I like the results. I've wasted more money on lots of things in this sport.
    Bottom line----for me it works.

Toyed around with a sample they sent me. Found it was basically powdered dish washer detergent.

I use cascade, just a pinch or two, and a little citric acid. Of course, I don't wet tumble after every firing.

Glad the packs are working out for you. If you still feel like experimenting made a run to target and get some smartly citrus scented dish soap. It’s less than a buck for a small bottle and gives me the best looking brass of everything I have tried.