• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Frankford Arsenal F1

omt223

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2022
Alabama
I havent seen much on these presses. The idea looks nice and it looks pretty beefy. I am in the market for a new single stage press but am concerned about sizing on it. Pretty much all of the video reviews seem to only decap on it and are either neck sizing or not showing FL sizing.
I tend to be pretty relaxed with reloading; I am sizing and decapping together looking for practical accuracy; generally not super anal about loading as some are.

Otherwise I was looking at a Lyman turret or a redding big boss; the FA is obviously about 100$ cheaper which would be nice but I dont want to have it 6mo and then have to service it.

Anyone have any input other that the fact that its Chinese made? I have a lot of other FA equipment and its generally all fine

rcbs rockchucker - it will do everything you need and then some

To clarify, I have had RCBS, and hornady. Still have some RCBS. Have a dillon 550. I am looking specifically for info on the F1

I’m unsure why you’re looking at different single stage presses then. But the f1 as expected, did not get great reviews.

unless you are going to the t7, co-ax, or zero you will only be making a lateral or downward shift from the RCBS.

Reactions: 6MT
How about big boss vs RCBS
I have both the Big Boss II and a Rockchucker so I can compare those two for you. I did not love my BBII for a long time, it is a much tighter press and doesn't operate with the ease of a Rockchucker, I believe that comes from the way the linkage is held together. The RC has e-clips and those wavy washers while the BBII has opposing nuts that you have to tighten down somewhat to get rid of play in the linkage (they don't work loose, you just tighten them to a level you're comfortable with). Over the years, the BBII has become my primary single stage press and all of my long range ammo gets loaded on it. Love the angled work area on it too.

I'll never get rid of either one of them.

Im going to go ahead and try one; if its not decent someone else can buy it from me at a discount and I will go back to RCBS/Redding for the single stage. I will continue loading the bulk of my ammo on the 550.

I will likely post a review once I have used it a bit for a few different calibers