• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Frankford arsenal hand seat primer

GhengisAhn175

Last known
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2013
Last known
cc2f97ee712149d028eb5c0ea3af1905.jpg

Just got it in. Nice looking and feeling kit so far. More to follow if anyone's interested.

Like how it comes with a full shell holder kit

Ive had one for months and its my favorite priming system to date. Before this I primarily used the Sinclair hand primer or the RCBS bench primer with the primer tubes. The priming unit on the FA is made of metal and is heavy and very beefy. I have big hands and I have to stretch them out to lower the primer ram all the way. Not a big deal to me but it may be for someone with small/med hands. I like the fact that its quick and easy to change from small primer to large primer. Also the shell plates pop in and out in a snap. The machine comes with all the replacement shell plates you need right in the box. The Sinclair would take a few minutes if I had to change anything around. Sort of an annoyance. The primer feed system works great from the plastic tray. Once you get the right angle of the tray, the primers feed reliably. You can also adjust the primer seating depth as well which is a nice bonus.

It’s a solid system and I love it. I don’t foresee anything breaking so it should last for many years to come.

Reactions: SpeedyR
I have been using one for a while, tried the adjustable seating depth but different brass requires re-adjustment.
They should of put micrometer marks on the adjustment so you can return it to a previous setting.

Set it to max depth and just feel the primer bottom out.

Ive had one for months and its my favorite priming system to date. Before this I primarily used the Sinclair hand primer or the RCBS bench primer with the primer tubes. The priming unit on the FA is made of metal and is heavy and very beefy. I have big hands and I have to stretch them out to lower the primer ram all the way. Not a big deal to me but it may be for someone with small/med hands. I like the fact that its quick and easy to change from small primer to large primer. Also the shell plates pop in and out in a snap. The machine comes with all the replacement shell plates you need right in the box. The Sinclair would take a few minutes if I had to change anything around. Sort of an annoyance. The primer feed system works great from the plastic tray. Once you get the right angle of the tray, the primers feed reliably. You can also adjust the primer seating depth as well which is a nice bonus.

It’s a solid system and I love it. I don’t foresee anything breaking so it should last for many years to come.
good to hear. I'm doing more and more prep work away from my presses, so being able to deprime, trim, prime, etc. while not sitting at my bench makes the work go much quicker and I can do it when I travel away from home. I've got a few FA items in the past year or two and have been pretty happy with most (mainly the stainless pin tumbler)

Reactions: BullzeyeNJ