• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Frankford Arsenal Intellidropper Issue

ECP307

Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2019
Wyoming
So, I have been running the Intellidropper for almost a year now without a hiccup...until now. As I was almost done with a batch of 22-250 the other night, it shut off mid charge and then turned back on. I checked to make sure my power cord wasn’t loose or anything like that, no issues. I re-zeroed after this happened and started running the powder calibration and then it shut off again and will not turn back on. I tried different outlets and a different power cord, no dice. I have reached out to Frankford’s customer service dept, but haven’t heard anything yet. Has anyone else experienced an issue like this with theirs? Thanks in advance for any help!

Did you hear anything back from F/A mine literally just did the exact same thing.

I actually ended up calling them a few days later and they sent me a new one, no questions asked. I never did get an answer online so I would suggest giving them a call. They took care of the issue quickly, I think I had the new one within a week.

I did the same they are on back order right now I’m going to tear it apart and try and fix it once the new one shows up

Now I’m nervous, I’ve had mine for two years and have never had a problem. (Sound of knocking on wood)

So far these are the only two I have heard of with this issue...time will tell though. I love mine otherwise so hopefully this one stays alive

I've had mine for about 2 years. About 6 months ago the "Load" button quit working, a common problem reported by other users. I just decided to use the "Load" button on the phone app to throw the first charge and then run the rest of the charges in "Auto" mode. Then a couple of days ago the unit went crazy while warming up, wildly fluctuating and unable to zero. I turned it of and back on again, that seemed to have worked. Today I was doing some loading that required 41.5gr of PP2000-MR. I religiously check powder levels in filled cases to be sure the cases are filled the same visually. The second-last charge I threw was NOT the same as the others, it was low. I dumped the powder out and weighed the charge on three other scales that I have and it weighed 31.2-31.2-31.1. Then I re-weighed it on the Intellidropper...41.5gr! Tried throwing another charge and it was also about 10gr low. I recalibrated the unit and found no improvement. I now have an unusable scale/dispenser and I don't remember where I bought it. Learned my lesson and I'm going to go with green or red from now on!

I've had mine for about 2 years. About 6 months ago the "Load" button quit working, a common problem reported by other users. I just decided to use the "Load" button on the phone app to throw the first charge and then run the rest of the charges in "Auto" mode. Then a couple of days ago the unit went crazy while warming up, wildly fluctuating and unable to zero. I turned it of and back on again, that seemed to have worked. Today I was doing some loading that required 41.5gr of PP2000-MR. I religiously check powder levels in filled cases to be sure the cases are filled the same visually. The second-last charge I threw was NOT the same as the others, it was low. I dumped the powder out and weighed the charge on three other scales that I have and it weighed 31.2-31.2-31.1. Then I re-weighed it on the Intellidropper...41.5gr! Tried throwing another charge and it was also about 10gr low. I recalibrated the unit and found no improvement. I now have an unusable scale/dispenser and I don't remember where I bought it. Learned my lesson and I'm going to go with green or red from now on!
FA is super easy to deal with just call them and tell them what’s going on they will send you a new one and send you a return label for that one. They will try to help you troubleshoot it as well. Their Customer support is very good.

Reactions: PA Valkyrie
☝️What @DevilDoc27 said. I called them up with my issues and had a new one on the doorstep in a week, free of charge. New one has been flawless so far
Thanks to you and devildoc! I called them and they will replace the unit free of charge. The only problem is they are out of stock, so the replacement will take about a month. Oh, well...I'll be patient. Things will be slow using the beam balance, but it will work.

How does everybody go about doing powder changes on their Intellidropper? I’m going to be bouncing between lilgun and H100v. Is there a way to disassemble to get every last grain out?

Just drain as much powder as you can, then punch in a 100gr charge and run the dropper tube dry with it, and cancel the throw. Use the brush to get everything visible out of the hopper. Use a can of compressed air to blow the last few grains out. CLOSE THE DRAIN TUBE (I have trouble with that last step...LOL!)

Follow-up to earlier posts, re: "load" button not working on Intellidropper

My original Intellidropper's "load" button quit earlier this year after about a year of use. Indeed, Frankford customer service was very professional and a replacement was sent quickly. Everything was A-OK until today...the "load" button on the replacement scale quit working. I normally use the app on my phone, but there are times that I need that physical button to work. Very frustrating, there must be a basic design issue. But why haven't they fixed this yet? Are we going to have to get replacement scales every 6-12 months? I guess I will call them in the morning and we'll see what happens. I love the scale, very accurate, great features. But I'm getting an idea how they can get to that low price point.

Try blowing air under the load /start button this cleared the dust or powder or whatever that kept my button from working.

on a side note I just experienced the power flash/ shut off symptoms described by OP. Guess I’ll see if I can get a hold of FA!

the buttons will pop off. you may have got powder under it and needs blown out. the shutting off thing I have never experienced. I would call customer service if that happens. Sounds like a board issue.

I have went through 2 in a year. Not even loaded much ammo with them. 1st one lasts 2 months, sent back to midwayusa.com. They sent me another one, lasted until about 3 days ago. Midwayusa.com wouldn't take it back was past 90 days. Called FA they sending me replacement. I asked what to do with this one he said keep it cost more to ship it back then to fix it. So guess they know there's an issue with them they just keep replacing them.

I have went through 2 in a year. Not even loaded much ammo with them. 1st one lasts 2 months, sent back to midwayusa.com. They sent me another one, lasted until about 3 days ago. Midwayusa.com wouldn't take it back was past 90 days. Called FA they sending me replacement. I asked what to do with this one he said keep it cost more to ship it back then to fix it. So guess they know there's an issue with them they just keep replacing them.
So I am going to take it apart and see if can be fixed

My red quit working sooner than my Frankford Arsenal unit (got less than a year out of the old style). Grey one is still going strong 2 years in. Red one just totally failed. Grey one I do have to check the charge on a beam when in the low 60’s. I also put a power conditioning power cord. So I make sure to warm loading air over night to get consistent loads.

Found this forum and thread because my brand new intellidropper crapped out after loading 37 rounds. Stopped dispensing and would reboot. I took it apart and found that FA is disgustingly using a VERY low end motor and gearbox assembly in this. The motor just locks up and overloaded the driver on the electronics board. Shame on FA! I'm considering returning mine but have a replacement coming. Dissapointed because I like FA equipment. They cheaped out big time here.