• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Frankfort Arsenal Rotary tumbler.

Boxcar

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2013
Canton, Ohio
Has anyone any experience with this particular tumbler? They have them at the local shop and it comes with 5lbs of stainless media for $219.99.

Am I going to be let down with this in comparison to the rebel tumbler?

Just ran my first run thru it, Im impressed. But as with so many things the longevity is a concern.
I took some video of it running, kinda cool as it has clear windows on the end and you actually see the brass and pins tumbling.
If I could figure out how to post the video up from my iphone, it'd already been posted, but I am getting some error message and havent had time to try to figure out what the problem is in order to post a video.
BTW, they are cheaper and Midway, Cabelas, Midsouth.

Has anyone any experience with this particular tumbler? They have them at the local shop and it comes with 5lbs of stainless media for $219.99.

Am I going to be let down with this in comparison to the rebel tumbler?

Just ran my first run thru it, Im impressed. But as with so many things the longevity is a concern.
I took some video of it running, kinda cool as it has clear windows on the end and you actually see the brass and pins tumbling.
If I could figure out how to post the video up from my iphone, it'd already been posted, but I am getting some error message and havent had time to try to figure out what the problem is in order to post a video.
BTW, they are cheaper and Midway, Cabelas, Midsouth.

Dave,

Just curious if this activity is as soothing as a fish tank? :) If you can at least send your vid to my email I may be able to post it up for ya.

Thanks for the info. I passed on it for now and picked up some other things I've been meaning to get. But I'm looking forward to your video.

It looked like the tumbler was made of polymer was I correct?

What were you tumbling? 300WM?

I passed on it because someone said the drive gears are plastic. I had the thumbler model B and upgraded to the rebel and have been very happy. The rollers on the rebel are awesome. Some of the older polymer tumblers had problems with cracking after a lot of use.

I just received mine last week, but I haven't tried it out yet. Everything seems well constructed. It's less expensive at Midsouth:

su7ytupy.jpg

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...0+cal&utm_campaign=frankford&utm_medium=email

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The gearing is a concern, definitely! Time will tell!
I was tumbling both 338AI and 300 RUM.
The end caps prolly about 1/8" thick, I'm sure they'll be ok. Kinda cool to see what's really happening on the inside. I used cold water and was not as impressed when we used a thumlers, I'm pretty sure that made a big difference.
Another video I believe is available on midsouth shooters website, I think you have to be in the product page?
What were you tumbling? 300WM?

I passed on it because someone said the drive gears are plastic. I had the thumbler model B and upgraded to the rebel and have been very happy. The rollers on the rebel are awesome. Some of the older polymer tumblers had problems with cracking after a lot of use.

Meant to say using a thumlers with hot water, no more cold water for me. Spotting was the same, just kinda not as clean as when hot water was used!
The end caps prolly about 1/8" thick, I'm sure they'll be ok. Kinda cool to see what's really happening on the inside. I used cold water and was not as impressed when we used a thumlers, I'm pretty sure that made a big difference.
Another video I believe is available on midsouth shooters website, I think you have to be in the product page?

I use hot water, I get much better results than with cold. Some say cold water keeps the brass from discoloring but I haven't found that to be true and Im after clean brass not pretty brass although I do enjoy the finish product when the brass looks good. Ive found that to get optimal cleaning results on the thumbler size tumblers do not fill it up with brass past about half to maybe 5/8 full. Any more than that and it just doesn't clean well. Figured that out when tumbling 3k worth of once fired 6.8SPC and my loads were coming out different colors. It didn't take but about 100 cases difference between loads to go from shiny gold to a discolored ugly brown which isn't much considering 6.8SPC is a fairly small case.

I tumble 100 300wm(could probably go 150 but I only process 300WM in 100rd batches), 200 308, 300 223/300blk/6.8SPC, 400 45ACP, 500 9mm. Anything more than that per load and the shininess of the brass goes down quite a bit and the primer pockets don't get as clean. Lemishine is key to softening the water and getting a better clean. Don't use cheap dish washing soap, spend the money on the quality soaps, dawn platinum works awesome and don't be stingy with it. I rinse with hot water, then blow them off with an air compressor. Let them sit over night and the next evening theyre ready to load or if Im in a hurry Ill throw them on a cookie sheet at 200* for 15 minutes after blowing them off with the compressor and theyre ready to load right away.

When you do final rince on the bras just add 1 oz of turtle cr wash/wax to the water, the water beads off, lay on a towenl and roll to remove the beads, then hit with the air , next morning they will be dry.

Frankfort Arsenal Rotary tumbler.

I used mine for the first time last weekend. I was very impressed with the results. I have also two vibratory type cleaners and a sonic cleaner. The rotary tumbler makes those obsolete in my case. I won't waste my time cleaning brass the old way. The sonic cleaner was primarily for my suppressor parts. However, after seeing a video a a guy using ss media to clean his, I won't wast my time with the sonic cleaner either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So I got a Frankford Present from the Mrs....

The Frankford drum is advertised as 11 Liter / 30 pound maximum

I put in 8 pounds (approx 350-400) .30-06 HXP brass that were absolutely filthy

Hot Water
1/2 tsp Lemi Shine
1.5 Tbsp Dawn
5 pounds stainless media

Tumbled 3 hours

Primer Pockets were starting to get clean but for the first go round I thought this was fine. Considering how dirty these were and how much I had in there I am not disappointed. Inside of the cases look clean of carbon probably 90%. Four hour setting on the dial would be nice but I'll get over it.

I am sold on stainless/wet tumbling.