• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Frankfurt Arsenal seating die

rimfire22lr

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2018
I bought one of these a few weeks back and have used it to load 223 and 300blk thus far. I like it. Anyone else using this die? What are your thoughts? I like being able to drop the bullet in the die window as opposed to balancing it on the case mouth and it seems to seat within. +/- .002. Usually .001.
IMG_4805.png

Reactions: MO Fugga
I've been curious about it. I bought the Forster bench rest dies to form, resize, and seat blackout and am happy so far.

Reactions: rimfire22lr
I bought one to try out and I have be happy with it. The adjustments are correct, and repeatable. I have used it to load 6mm ARC, 6.5-284, 8.6 Blackout, 220 Swift, and it has worked well for all of them.

Reactions: rimfire22lr
I used it to seat some 78 and 88-grain 223 bullets recently and it did a great job with those. With the 300blk, I had to use the 22-caliber seating stem because the cases are too short for the 308 stem. I ran out of die body thread before I was able to get the stem to seat the bullet to the proper depth. Worked fine, just something to be aware of. They were not thinking of short 30-caliber cases when they designed the 308 stem.

disregard- RTFM

Works as described and is a hell of a lot easier to tune than without a micrometer.

Last edited: