• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Frank's Advanced Class Benchmark

Chrazy-Chris

Private
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2018
"I think we need to set a minimum and basically say that we're going to do this to 800yrds. You have to have something capable of resolving almost a 1moa target to 800yrds if we want to be precise if we want to take this as a precision hunter course or a mountain hunter course with a precision rifle. I would say your system should be able to resolve an 8 inch plate at 800yrds."

I'd like to discuss more about this as a possible benchmark. My local range is only 600yrds. I put a 6" plate at 600 and have yet to get a first round cold bore impact. The weather is different every time so it would require some luck. I've gone 5 for 5 on it once but that was after walking the shots in on it.

1moa target at 6,7,800 and beyond... Is this a good benchmark? How would you test yourself and your rifle and ammo against it?

We use 1 MOA all the time to "test" the skills we teach like the wind, we use Custom Targets from Austin Angus, AA Targets,

IMG_3160.JPG

So the top targets scales with range, this is an 800 yard target with an 8" plate at the top.

With limited range you want to work the Kraft Drill more on the 600 yard plate, so do Prone, sitting, kneeling, standing on the same plates and practice on those positions

I was looking a standard for closer ranges and I have a "Qual" that is a 100, 300, 600 standard, let me find what I was using, I am sure it is posted here somewhere but under what I have no idea. I probably made a post experimenting with it.

But 100, 300, 600 are bedrock ranges to use, or even after zeroed you can do 200, 300, 600, or just 300 and 600 and do a mix of paper and steel, paper is a Rat and will tell on you every time

Reactions: todd
It's in the Training Lessons

Sniper's Hide Qualification Drill
Online Training Lesson: 100 Yard, 300 Yard, and 600 yard Qualification

3 Rounds Per Position
5 Minute Time Limit ( 3 Minute or Less Bonus Point )
3 Positions Per Yard Line
Supported Positions

100 Yards
3 Rounds Prone
3 Rounds Kneeling (supported)
3 Rounds Standing (supported)
Shot on Paper

300 Yards
3 Rounds Prone
Shot on Paper

600 Yards
3 Rounds Prone
Shot on Steel (66% IPSC)

3 Rounds Per Position
Supported Positions

100 Yards
3 Rounds Prone
Shot on Paper

300 Yards
3 Rounds Prone
Shot on Paper

600 Yards
3 Rounds Prone
Shot on Steel (66% IPSC)

What is the target for the 100 and 300 yard (paper) stage of the qual?

Reactions: Sogan

3 Rounds Per Position
Supported Positions

100 Yards
3 Rounds Prone
Shot on Paper

300 Yards
3 Rounds Prone
Shot on Paper

600 Yards
3 Rounds Prone
Shot on Steel (66% IPSC)

Is the time limit for all 3 ranges combined, or 5 min at 100, 5 min at 300, and 5 min at 600?

I use a 3” shooting C or at 300 use the oval it’s like 3x5 or something, I believe the replacement centers but work well.

At 100 the 2” Cs are good, should be all inside

Time is up to you but work towards 5 minutes for all. To start you can do 5 per from a closed tripod or you can work towards speed. You want time though, don’t just do it open.

Reactions: DIBBS
I use a 3” shooting C or at 300 use the oval it’s like 3x5 or something, I believe the replacement centers but work well.

At 100 the 2” Cs are good, should be all inside

Time is up to you but work towards 5 minutes for all. To start you can do 5 per from a closed tripod or you can work towards speed. You want time though, don’t just do it open.
But do you actually hit it at 300?