• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fraudulent Sale

Looks like the listing is ended and the user removed from the Gunbroker system.

And, anyone that purchases from a user on gunbroker with 'NR' better do some serious homework.

Just saw this on Gun Broker page, not to mention he is was a new member with no prior history: 🤷‍♂️

mzldr2 NR
No longer a registered user

The Wilson Combat pictures I posted in my for sale add is now being used on gunbroker. This is the only site I posted the group of pictures. Hopefully something can be done to preclude this happening to someone else. Fraudulent sale ad: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/922031522
The only way to help prevent this would be to include a post it with your name (or something along those lines) in every photo, otherwise your photos are free game for scammers. Same thing happened to me recently and the listing kept popping up on GB with my photos.

So by posting in the lowlight directives you're directly calling out the owner of this website. And you're telling him to do something about a fraud happening somewhere else that's not his website?

As mentioned above, you should sell stuff pictured with a paper or sticky note that has your username written on it.

Buying on gunbroker is like buying anywhere else. There's always scammers everywhere, it's no different than buying on eBay, etc. Do your own research before purchasing. Also, the pictures posted here are pretty much public so anyone can literally save them and use them. If you don't want others using your pictures, don't publicly post them.

No, but you did. And your follow on remarks are so helpful. Please keep up the good work.

Since I’m not a DBA, nor do I write code, I have no way of knowing what LL, the HMFIC, is capable of doing or having his staff do. My remarks were more oriented toward letting the members know this can happen. If I chose the wrong forum then please have this moved.