• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FREE Case of Valvoline VR1 Racing Synthetic Motor

Re: FREE Case of Valvoline VR1 Racing Synthetic Motor

I'll take that action, I like synthetics for my bikes, and racing oils, not legal for the street have the same thing motorcycle oils have. It's also a huge plus that Synthetic oils all mix, just because someone's Panty 6 got screwed up at a gas station once upon a time so now all oils have to mix...good for us, not so good for the oil guys, but I ain't complaining since Harleys use a dry sump system they use a little oil

Yup its a rebate form... no problem on the tip! I like free stuff and figured some others might like it as well.

Thanks, the mowers are going to be running the good stuff now.

"Not for use in any polution controlled vehicle. Track use only. For those of you in California, you will be ticketed by the oil police for using this in your:
street vehicle, lawn mower, mini bike, weed eater, chain saw, leaf blower, motorcycle, pick up truck, ad nauseum/ad infinitum"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Not for use in any polution controlled vehicle. Track use only. For those of you in California, you will be ticketed by the oil police for using this in your:
street vehicle, lawn mower, mini bike, weed eater, chain saw, leaf blower, motorcycle, pick up truck, ad nauseum/ad infinitum" </div></div>

Maybe not as far fetched as it once seemed...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NxTNZUhesZk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NxTNZUhesZk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Anyone been able to find this stuff? My NAPA has VR1 but its not synthetic and they have no way to order VR1 Synthetic.

If you know where to get it let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Auto zone has always been good for me to locate fluids. According to their website, youfan find the VR1 there.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accesso...ier=794462_0_0_ </div></div>

According to their website it isn't available anywhere near me. Not in the store or for delivery.

frown.gif

Total scam:

Oreilly Auto Parts lists it (Part Numbers: W853, W854, W855) but they only had 4 quarts left and at most 2 of them were the same weight.

Not at CarQuest or Baxter either. FU Valvoline - now I'll never buy any of your products.
frown.gif

Got me excited for a second I thought this said free case of Vaseline!!!!!!!!1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Not for use in any polution controlled vehicle. Track use only. For those of you in California, you will be ticketed by the oil police for using this in your:
street vehicle, lawn mower, mini bike, weed eater, chain saw, leaf blower, motorcycle, pick up truck, ad nauseum/ad infinitum" </div></div>

This is because oils like this have additives such as zinc with acts as a facilitator for friction modifiers to bind to surfaces. On-road oils don't because off-road additives such as the aforementioned zinc and even sulfur (which was banned by the EPA in 2006) "might" damage the catalyst in a catalytic converter. So with off-road oil such as this you'll have better friction modifier (usually moly), etc. biding to surfaces which is good but because it binds better and because it's only intended short frequency changes racing oil like this one isn't good for your daily driver. Oil shear and oil traction is going to cause your this oil to be worthless a lot faster in a daily driver and the traction will lead to cam galling quickly especially in a solid lifter application but also in a roller lifter motor. The racing oils also tend to be high in phosphates which is god for a racing engine where bearing wear is not an issue (frequency of engine rebuilds) but in your daily driver your just going to murder your bearings by running this oil. Tribology (friction/lubes) is my area of specialty in mechanical engineering and the above is a pretty lay-man explanation I can give details if anyone has a question.

In short: don't run it in your daily driver just 'cus it says "racing" on it doesn't make it better for your car.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, the mowers are going to be running the good stuff now. </div></div>

Don't put this in your mowers/cars/weedwackers/motorcycles/gas powered blenders/etc. (if you do though, swap it out with new oil at 50% your normal interval) increased oil traction will cause gulling especially as shear breaks down the friction modifier package. In addition, you'll quickly lose it's inhibiting (anti-oxidant) properties which are extremely limited in this type of oil anyway and you'll see quicker and quicker (upward trending curve) corrosion of your bearings (this oil is especially harsh as it's got a phosphate based FM). Again 'Racing' does not mean 'better' it just means it has a different additive package and is meant to be changed at very frequent intervals (equivalent to 500-ish miles in your typical car) but lab reports will lay out exact intervals in which to change your oil based on VI, TBN, etc. numbers... Again this is not good oil for anything other than an engine that if frequently rebuilt and has it's oil tested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like they not only didn't have the product in a bunch of places but they also are refusing to pay those that could find it . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf5kmNYjo88

</div></div>

Haha bait and switch.