• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Free Float Handguard

hidta107

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2006
tucson
I have a AR15 M2 with handle.It has a 20" Kreiger barrel,Magpul stock,Leupold scope.Im wanting to free float the barrel.I have the round plastic approx 12" forearm.What hand guard would you recommend.What other parts are needed.Eventually want a bipod on it also. Thanks

Re: Free Float Handguard

If you're not competing in service rifle highpower you can buy any float tube you want. It's going to come with the parts to replace the delta ring that holds you handguards on.

If you have a front sight tower you have to drive the pins out first to install the float tube, remove gas tube also. Or remove your gas block and tube. You'll need a wrench for the barrel nut/jam nut, many are available. If you're just going to shoot off a bench I would say just go with either a round tube, most economical, or a Badger Ordnance which is more expensive but flat on the bottom. You would probably want something to accomodate an extra front stud for a bipod.

Of course you can go with free floated rails too. If you have unlimited wallet and have to have the same as the high speed low drag guys then look at the premium makers. Otherwise see the thread here related to Yankee Hill and Midwest Ind. You can get an adapter to attach to your rail for a bipod.