• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Free meals and stuff on Veteran's Day

Re: Free meals and stuff on Veteran's Day

Ima hit up Kripsy Kreeem for sure. Then Hooters, then Chilis and on Monday goto the Golden Corral. Ima stick my finger in that chocolate fountain.
smile.gif

We're Veterans every day. We can't forget that, but a lot of others do.

I'd rather forego the freebies one day a year in favor of some small but honest respect all the other days. I wonder if some businesses make all the fuss on one day out of guilt for what they do/don't do the rest of the year.

These days I can afford my own meals, and I'll leave the free ones I'd be getting for Veterans who need it more. There's a lot of them who do.

God Bless Them...

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We're Veterans every day. We can't forget that, but a lot of others do.

I'd rather forego the freebies one day a year in favor of some small but honest respect all the other days. I wonder if some businesses make all the fuss on one day out of guilt for what they do/don't do the rest of the year.

These days I can afford my own meals, and I'll leave the free ones I'd be getting for Veterans who need it more. There's a lot of them who do.

God Bless Them...

Greg </div></div>

I agree. Well said!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We're Veterans every day. We can't forget that, but a lot of others do.

God Bless Them...

Greg </div></div>

Ah Greg, this was intended to be a simple FYI thread. There's nothing wrong with what these outfits did.

There's no need for you to turn it into another area for your self-aggrandizing.

Yes, I'm sure that's true about some businesses jumping on the bandwagon. Same for some individuals and their constant, shallow "thank you for your service" lip service and sucking up to veterans which too me, is very annoying. There are many ways they could do things that would help veterans in a tangible manner. Or they could simply serve themselves. (in the military)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah Greg, this was intended to be a simple FYI thread. There's nothing wrong with what these outfits did.

There's no need for you to turn it into another area for your self-aggrandizing.

Yes, I'm sure that's true about some businesses jumping on the bandwagon. Same for some individuals and their constant, shallow "thank you for your service" lip service and sucking up to veterans which too me, is very annoying. There are many ways they could do things that would help veterans in a tangible manner. Or they could simply serve themselves. (in the military)</div></div>

Wow, Buddy.

Sorry you feel that way.

No slight intended.

Greg

True story, I'm raiding golden corral in 15 minutes.