• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes FREE Pro Series Lever Upgrade ($20 compared to $60 for similar), NEW ARD and Scope Cap Update!

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
MO
mkmachining.com
Hello Everyone,

A brief explanation first, then some pictures.

I have made the significant investment to an HP MJF 5200 machine, along with automated postprocessing equipment, etc. It is a helluva setup and is producing some insanely nice prints. I'm running Nylon 11 (forgive the website saying it's Nylon 12 on a 4200 machine...that was before the new equipment, and I'm not savvy enough to fix by myself) which has great temp resistance, much more elongation and durability vs Nylon 12, and an awesome ever-so-slight soft surface feel vs 12 which doesn't feel as pleasant.

The 5200 is holding insane tolerances, most stuff within a few thou, and accounts for shrinkage internally. Our models we've made over the years fit perfect with FDM printing, which has 1-1.5% shrink with the specific nylon blend we have used the past few years.

Long story short, I have to make levers at 98.5-99.25%ish scale on the new machine for a perfect fit. I've had hundreds of scopes in my shop the past few years, but obviously don't have access to all of them now to ensure fitment is spot on.

THUS, order a standard lever here and request at checkout to send a "Pro Series" model:

Let me know how things fit. I'm scaling everything and keeping track of who gets what. If you have any fitment problems, I will quickly alter your scale and get another one out. Within a few weeks I'm expecting every single model we offer (hundreds of lever models) will be tested and ready to rock for Pro Series production.

My desired fit holding finger tight on the mag ring:

IMG_4763.jpg

My desired fit when tightened down, the small gap allows for mag ring tolerances, overtightening, etc. Gap should be no larger when secure a bit smaller is acceptable but there needs to be a gap:

IMG_4764.jpg

Here are finished prints, dyed and polished. They look awesome, feel awesome, and are nice a tough:

62552984665__A878AED9-A55D-4B31-8369-65441E53F1A3.jpg

4EEEB925-549C-44AA-9DE0-C918712A07DE.jpg

Now for something you're really going to like. ARDs and Scope Caps are on the way. I believe you'll find these to have a more palatable price than other options, and perform much more nicely than the cheapo caps. ARDs will launch shortly, scope caps I've got a RFQ out on custom springs, but the design is finalized:

IMG_4746.jpg

cap1.jpg

cap2.jpg

As you may guess, the possibilities off the new hardware are borderline limitless. Can I make your ideas for you? Yes. Do I want to make your ideas for you? Yes. Can this replace injection molding? Yes, in quantities well into the thousands.

Forgive the photo compression making one of the caps look purply and such. They're a nice satin black.

Very nice! I'm excited for the scope caps, because like you said the others on the market are a bit expensive in my opinion. I would love to see caps for my Leica PRS 5-30x56 since nobody else offer caps for them. I would also love to see a throw lever for it, the factory screw in one can really smash into your hand when on 30x (right handed shooter).

I too cant wait for the caps. The solid mounting is what im after.
I bought 3 of your throw levers the last couple weeks and am pleased with them.
I may upgrade to the pro versions.

Caps for Sig 3000BDX binos please. Apparently they’re too cheap to include them 😂

THUS, order a standard lever here and request at checkout to send a "Pro Series" model:

Man, great timing I need one for my new scope so I'll be ordering a lever. I noticed you have rangefinder mounts now and I have a question. I have a Leica 1600, you have a mount for a 2000. Do you know if the 1600 fits? I think these are the same footprint.

Man, great timing I need one for my new scope so I'll be ordering a lever. I noticed you have rangefinder mounts now and I have a question. I have a Leica 1600, you have a mount for a 2000. Do you know if the 1600 fits? I think these are the same footprint.

If they are the same footprint you're good to go. Sadly, there are so many potential fitments/options/etc it is impossible for me to know :(

Reactions: Stoweit
If they are the same footprint you're good to go. Sadly, there are so many potential fitments/options/etc it is impossible for me to know :(

I hear ya, I'll post it in another thread on here and ask, someone will know. I just want to try and figure it out before ordering.

Competition to AAD....I like it...any preliminary price target for the flip caps and ARD?

I just ordered one plus two levers. I did some searching and I think all the Leicas are the same so it should fit. I'll confirm by e-mail after I get it if you want to update your info. Thanks for offering the lever special!

I just ordered one plus two levers. I did some searching and I think all the Leicas are the same so it should fit. I'll confirm by e-mail after I get it if you want to update your info. Thanks for offering the lever special!

Yes, please confirm with us!

FYI SALE IS EXTENDED TODAY TIL MIDNIGHT

Hello Everyone,

A brief explanation first, then some pictures.

I have made the significant investment to an HP MJF 5200 machine, along with automated postprocessing equipment, etc. It is a helluva setup and is producing some insanely nice prints. I'm running Nylon 11 (forgive the website saying it's Nylon 12 on a 4200 machine...that was before the new equipment, and I'm not savvy enough to fix by myself) which has great temp resistance, much more elongation and durability vs Nylon 12, and an awesome ever-so-slight soft surface feel vs 12 which doesn't feel as pleasant.

The 5200 is holding insane tolerances, most stuff within a few thou, and accounts for shrinkage internally. Our models we've made over the years fit perfect with FDM printing, which has 1-1.5% shrink with the specific nylon blend we have used the past few years.

Long story short, I have to make levers at 98.5-99.25%ish scale on the new machine for a perfect fit. I've had hundreds of scopes in my shop the past few years, but obviously don't have access to all of them now to ensure fitment is spot on.

Let me know how things fit. I'm scaling everything and keeping track of who gets what. If you have any fitment problems, I will quickly alter your scale and get another one out. Within a few weeks I'm expecting every single model we offer (hundreds of lever models) will be tested and ready to rock for Pro Series production.

My desired fit holding finger tight on the mag ring:

View attachment 7459905

My desired fit when tightened down, the small gap allows for mag ring tolerances, overtightening, etc. Gap should be no larger when secure a bit smaller is acceptable but there needs to be a gap:

View attachment 7459906

Here are finished prints, dyed and polished. They look awesome, feel awesome, and are nice a tough:

View attachment 7459910

View attachment 7459911

Now for something you're really going to like. ARDs and Scope Caps are on the way. I believe you'll find these to have a more palatable price than other options, and perform much more nicely than the cheapo caps. ARDs will launch shortly, scope caps I've got a RFQ out on custom springs, but the design is finalized:

View attachment 7459912

View attachment 7459913

View attachment 7459914

As you may guess, the possibilities off the new hardware are borderline limitless. Can I make your ideas for you? Yes. Do I want to make your ideas for you? Yes. Can this replace injection molding? Yes, in quantities well into the thousands.

Forgive the photo compression making one of the caps look purply and such. They're a nice satin black.
my one feature request for you ocular caps is a spring set up that allows it to be opened and in a vertical position AND to also allow it to be pushed further and be flat to the scope.

Vortex caps, while they have a number of shortfalls, offers this feature.

my one feature request for you ocular caps is a spring set up that allows it to be opened and in a vertical position AND to also allow it to be pushed further and be flat to the scope.

Vortex caps, while they have a number of shortfalls, offers this feature.

They will open flat against the scope for now. Out of curiosity, why would you want it to open straight up?

They will open flat against the scope for now. Out of curiosity, why would you want it to open straight up?
Put a dope card in there and be able to see it.

but flat is good, two position would be even better in my uninformed opinion! :)

I just received my levers and rangefinder mount. First thought when pulling the levers out is wow! I like this improvement. You should do well with these. Nice work.

For anyone wondering, the Leica 1600B fits the mount that Tyler has. I'm pretty sure the Leica's all have the same body.