• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Free Range Haybales

wvfarrier

Ignorant wretch
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
West (By GOD) Virginia
I was working in the barn and walked outside to find a free range haybale had made itself at home in my field. I have NO clue how it got there as its about 100 yards from the road 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Looks like I have a new archery backstop 😬

Attachments

• 20220707_142230.jpg
    20220707_142230.jpg
    681.8 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: UKDslayer
I was working in the barn and walked outside to find a free range haybale had made itself at home in my field. I have NO clue how it got there as its about 100 yards from the road 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

It probably come through the hole in the fence.

My first summer in west central MN I had a guy set one in my front yard/field (they hay the ROWs on my old road) He didn’t to keep that bale that year. Wouldn’t have been a big deal if he came and asked, would have even let him bale the entire field but I didn’t appreciate someone just driving onto my property and leaving their shit there uninvited 🤷‍♂️. That’s how the farmers in MN are in my experience though.

Fell off my gooseneck driving by..........

Seriously I rolled one off in my 1 caution light town last year on main street and didn't realize it until I came back to the barn the next day to stack the load.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate

My bow would go right out the other side.

Anything more than a recurve, and you need a real backstop.

Seriously I rolled one off in my 1 caution light town last year on main street and didn't realize it until I came back to the barn the next day to stack the load.
Was just about to write a similar story. I’ve seen a strap break loose & a round bale roll off the back of a flatbed gooseneck trailer & right thru a board fence.

• Wow
Couple weeks ago I ended up with one of those 4x4x4 foot water tanks (there's a name for them I don't recall right now).
It's the whitish polypropylene/polyurethane whatever in the thin steel frame, I know you've seen them.

Of course it was blowing about 80mph during a storm....but where it ended up and the direction of the wind....ain't nobody for at least 10 miles.
Still sitting there...still waiting for someone to claim it.

That happened on the highway here a few weeks ago. Fella lost half a dozen round bales. Made a helluva mess

• Wow
Couple weeks ago I ended up with one of those 4x4x4 foot water tanks (there's a name for them I don't recall right now).
It's the whitish polypropylene/polyurethane whatever in the thin steel frame, I know you've seen them.

Tote, or IBC (intermediate bulk container)

Cows that get hit in the road and hay bales that come off trailers are two things nobody ever claims.

I worked a ranch in Wyoming and had a mare that got out and rolled over a Subaru. Yeah it sucked for the car but the free range sign said it all.