• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Freebore for 115 RDF ?

blaserman33

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2011
Phoenix,AZ
Technically not a reloading question since I am looking to see if Prime’s 6 Creedmoor 115 RDF would work in my fun, I figured this is the best place for the question.

Does anyone know the minimum/optimal freebore for a 6 Creedmoor to run the 115 RDF’s? I have a .109” Freebore which works great with 105 Hybrids, but the 105 Hybrid Factory Ammo is very hard to come by and I sometimes like to use factory ammo for practice and since I know the 107SMK and Hornady Loads won’t work I am wondering if I could use the Prime 115RDF load but don’t want to buy a bunch and have it not fit in my chamber.

Anyhow, I appreciate any input guys can provide and I apologize if this is the totally wrong area.

Reactions: sstacllc
Listen here Scott talks quite a bit about it
I love Modern Day Sniper Podcast | MDS Episode 0014 Scott Satterlee and Hand Loading, let's play it!

Reactions: shotdown
Technically not a reloading question since I am looking to see if Prime’s 6 Creedmoor 115 RDF would work in my fun, I figured this is the best place for the question.

Does anyone know the minimum/optimal freebore for a 6 Creedmoor to run the 115 RDF’s? I have a .109” Freebore which works great with 105 Hybrids, but the 105 Hybrid Factory Ammo is very hard to come by and I sometimes like to use factory ammo for practice and since I know the 107SMK and Hornady Loads won’t work I am wondering if I could use the Prime 115RDF load but don’t want to buy a bunch and have it not fit in my chamber.

Anyhow, I appreciate any input guys can provide and I apologize if this is the totally wrong area.
The 115 Prime is set up for 80 with a SAAMI Reamer of 188. It's COAL is 2.78. The 115 RDFs are super forgiving give them a try

Reactions: Scobes and Rover31