• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Freebore help for 6.5X47

RFutch

Yoohoo. I'll make you famous.
Minuteman
  • Sep 28, 2010
    Georgia
    I have one with a .145 freebore that hammers with 130 hybrids.

Wanting to order another and shoot 135 Berger Classic Hunters. I’m just wondering what chamber would be best for them. Another .145 or go with a Saami .163?

Ah I wasn’t clear. I don’t have the reamer. The smith has both to choose from when I order.

You can load a little longer and get more powder in your case. It can make a difference when using bulky powders like RL 17 in a 6.5x47 lapua.

Reactions: RFutch
    I am doing a shorter 22” barrel this time. So maybe I will go with the longer one to push the speeds up.

I am doing a shorter 22” barrel this time. So maybe I will go with the longer one to push the speeds up.
    If you still want the speed in a shorter barrel, why not use a 260? I think the x47 would leave be a little slow with a 22" barrel.

Not looking for anything crazy and I just like the cartridge. Plus I have a lot of varget and it works well with it.