• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Freedom Munitions 77TMK Ammo

bmicek

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2017
Kansas
Anyone have experience with Freedom Munitions 77 TMK ammo? I ordered some to try but I don’t see them talked about often. I’m always in the market for budget friendly match ammo that shoots well.

All depends upon your expectations, I perfer IMI Razor Core or Black Hills for value. The FM I shot had more fliers than I want. Had some good groups, but many that had a flier and a good group as well.

FM also advertises 2450fps, that is slow if you want any distance.

All depends upon your expectations, I perfer IMI Razor Core or Black Hills for value. The FM I shot had more fliers than I want. Had some good groups, but many that had a flier and a good group as well.

FM also advertises 2450fps, that is slow if you want any distance.

2450?! Do you know barrel length on that? I was around 2850 with TAC out of an 18" barrel. 2450 is abysmal

I do not, maybe even a typographical error.

I doubt you're wrong. Recently did a precision rifle class and a dude brought a 16" AR with an LPVO lol (its all he had). His 77SMK factory Federal was running 2500fps out of his(via Labradar). Anything past 500-600yds was pretty tough with that. He was around 8-9mils elevation at 700.

For comparison I was running 80SMK's at 2980 with 4.4 mils elevation at 700.

• Wow
Reactions: deersniper
Sample of one, posted for reference:

•BHA 5.56 77 OTM @ 2736av for 13 shots per Labradar

•6.7mil @ 700y

•AR-15, Rainier 16" MTN bbl, 75F

YMMV,
Keith

ETA: Elev & firearm

Last edited: