• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Freezing! My blood is too thin...

Highs in the negatives the last couple days with wind chills in the -35f range. Been a nasty 10 days that started with a foot of snow in a day and another foot a day and half later, then dropped temps to the negatives with nonstop wind.

global warming.jpg

Just got power back after 14 hours. Linemen here in town are hard core… dozens of trees down today. Dozens of poles and wires out.

They busted their asses in Monsoons and 30 mph winds.

If I hear one flatlander complain about being without power at their Airbnb or some bs,,, I’ll dope slap them!

Here is to you linemen and power guys… who no one thanks enough!

Sirhr
Their employers thank them gracefully with what they pay those guys. The OT is killer too.

78 here today. Beautiful day - was outside most of the day in shorts with a cold beer while the Grandkids were playing in the yard.

We got lucky. It was very dry so there were hardly any skeeters on our whole trip, even up the dempster to Tuk, no skeeters because it was cold and windy, mid June and 32 degrees. The only place we saw the quantity of skeeters I expected to see most of the time, was when we went up to see Salmon Glacier in Hyder. That was some serious skeeter infestation.

Branden

We got lucky. It was very dry so there were hardly any skeeters on our whole trip, even up the dempster to Tuk, no skeeters because it was cold and windy, mid June and 32 degrees. The only place we saw the quantity of skeeters I expected to see most of the time, was when we went up to see Salmon Glacier in Hyder. That was some serious skeeter infestation.

Branden
I got the opportunity to spend a summer in Bethel, I was walking up the road and watching a guy on the other side coming towards me, looked like Pigpen from the peanuts, with a dark ominous cloud engulfing him, as we got closer I realized it was mosquitos. I turned around and I had one too! You couldn't take a deep breath, or you'd suck them into your lungs. People that don't know, not only are there many, they get huge, enough to rip off chunks. I met a guy that summer that passed out drunk outside one night, poor dude looked like he had leprosy.

So I have our pipes protected, but we do live in a mobile home, so off the ground. I got up at 7 to turn the dogs out and make coffee. Barely had water pressure, despite leaving a spigot dripping. I left the kitchen faucet dripping, it just now thawed out. just checked temp, 34° and we'll be up to 44° today. Yay, hard freeze over! I got things I need to be doing outside, being couped up ain't for me.

Back in the early eighties I was living in Spooner Wisconsin. Work around there was scarce. I packed up my wife and kids, hooked up a small uhaul trailer to my 1975 cordoba and headed south to Fort Worth, where my two brothers lived. all good except it was -30 when we packed up and split. About 17 hours later we were in Texas and it was about 85 degrees.
My blood was so thick I had a damned headache I couldn’t shake. I started work literally the next day, my little brother was the job superintendent and got me on before I drove down. He looked at me at about 10am and said “go to 7-11 get some Gatorade and aspirin your beet red”. I was a miserable fucker.
Took a few days to acclimat, got a kick out of seeing carhart jackets and bibs on Mexicans at 60 degrees. And all our form stakes ended up in a 55 gallon burn barrel they’d huddle around every chance they got.

Reactions: BAMAboy18